International Business research at LSBU maintains strong links with the renowned Centre for International Business Studies (CIBS)
This research consolidates work in international business to focus on the two key areas of employment relations and human resource management.
This research group has continued to expand its activity by developing further international collaboration and building capacity in terms of research active staff and postgraduate students. There are two key themes of the work currently undertaken by the group.
The first theme is employment relations research. The group has a long standing interest in this area and the research has a strong comparative element focused on four key contemporary themes within the area: employee voice, conflict management, work life issues, and employment relations in SMEs. More recent work focusing on African employment relations is developing further the comparative element.
The second theme is the exploration of the political and institutional environment of business and there has been a considerable contribution to the institutions of global economic relations and political elites. Other work is focusing on the role of social enterprise and developing synergies in this broad area.
The Centre for International Business Studies (CIBS) was established in 1992 in order to foster excellence in research, teaching and consultancy in the field of International Business and provides a centre of gravity for much of the research work across the School.
Links with Industry,Government, Commerce and Third Sector
- oral evidence to the House of Commons Political and Constitutional Reform Select Committee
- expert commentary on global governance for leading organisations including the Post Crisis Institute in Moscow
- BBC Brazil
- Global Policy Institute
- role of accountants in HR support to SMEs for ACCA
- Expert Forum on Equal Distribution of Working Hours, Province and Town Hall of Barcelona
Links with Academic Institutions
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (funded by Catalan Ministry)
- European Research Network co-ordinated by University of Pais Vasco-Euskal, Spain
- Accounting and Auditing Research Centre, Brunel University
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- Tangram Architects
- definition and implementation of strategies to provide business direction, vision and profitability to the organisation
- development of a business case to encourage investment from the public and private sectors in Social Firms or to create Social Firms themselves
- development of a system to provide metrics and KPIs to deliver improvements in social care services provided to sensory-impaired people.
- development of a help desk system to provide client services worldwide
- Dr Dag Bennett
- Grazia Ietto-Gillies (Professor emeritus)
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
15 December 2017Electra by Sophocles in a version by Frank McGuinness directed by Lucy Pitman-Wallace
16 December 2017Electra by Sophocles in a version by Frank McGuinness directed by Lucy Pitman-Wallace
4 January 2018How to Apply Evening
9 January 2018University Open Evening
11 January 2018How to Apply Evening
18 January 2018LSBU Planning Courses Employer & Sponsor Forum
24 January 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
27 January 2018Green Screen Weekender - Day 1
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
7 March 2018Professor Matt Field: What has experimental psychology done for behavioural medicine?
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Dr Charles Graham discusses brand loyalty at IPM event
29 November 2017
The CIM/LSBU Marketing Club Launch
28 November 2017
The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
27 November 2017
Links with accredited bodies in the School of Business continues to flourish
27 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017