International Business research at LSBU maintains strong links with the renowned Centre for International Business Studies (CIBS)
This research consolidates work in international business to focus on the two key areas of employment relations and human resource management.
This research group has continued to expand its activity by developing further international collaboration and building capacity in terms of research active staff and postgraduate students. There are two key themes of the work currently undertaken by the group.
The first theme is employment relations research. The group has a long standing interest in this area and the research has a strong comparative element focused on four key contemporary themes within the area: employee voice, conflict management, work life issues, and employment relations in SMEs. More recent work focusing on African employment relations is developing further the comparative element.
The second theme is the exploration of the political and institutional environment of business and there has been a considerable contribution to the institutions of global economic relations and political elites. Other work is focusing on the role of social enterprise and developing synergies in this broad area.
The Centre for International Business Studies (CIBS) was established in 1992 in order to foster excellence in research, teaching and consultancy in the field of International Business and provides a centre of gravity for much of the research work across the School.
Links with Industry,Government, Commerce and Third Sector
- oral evidence to the House of Commons Political and Constitutional Reform Select Committee
- expert commentary on global governance for leading organisations including the Post Crisis Institute in Moscow
- BBC Brazil
- Global Policy Institute
- role of accountants in HR support to SMEs for ACCA
- Expert Forum on Equal Distribution of Working Hours, Province and Town Hall of Barcelona
Links with Academic Institutions
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (funded by Catalan Ministry)
- European Research Network co-ordinated by University of Pais Vasco-Euskal, Spain
- Accounting and Auditing Research Centre, Brunel University
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
- Tangram Architects
- definition and implementation of strategies to provide business direction, vision and profitability to the organisation
- development of a business case to encourage investment from the public and private sectors in Social Firms or to create Social Firms themselves
- development of a system to provide metrics and KPIs to deliver improvements in social care services provided to sensory-impaired people.
- development of a help desk system to provide client services worldwide
- Dr Dag Bennett
- Grazia Ietto-Gillies (Professor emeritus)
22 February 2019Introduction to professional bodies in project management and panel discussion
27 February 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
21 March 2019'Visualizing Consumer Culture: A Semiotic Understanding of Interpreted Brands
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
London South Bank University welcomes Secretary of State for Education
13 February 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019
London South Bank first UK University to offer Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeships
7 February 2019
London South Bank University and Lambeth College unite to transform educational opportunities in south London
1 February 2019
LSBU alumnus Stephen Addison honoured for helping young people in East London escape gang culture
29 January 2019
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018