Health, Acoustics and Communications Engineering (HACE)
Research is concerned with three main areas; Acoustics, Communication systems and Biomedical engineering
Researchers are involved in the application of engineering to the monitoring of health, and to the investigation and mitigation of various health effects; and to improvement in the efficiency of various forms of communication in different environments. We have strong collaborative research links with the health, telecommunication and acoustic industries; with academia, music colleges and orchestras; with clinical institutions; and with government departments.
- £1.7 million in external research grants/contracts and 168 publications since 2008.
- £1.6 million collaborative EPSRC grant for research on remote techniques for more intelligent energy usage within dwellings.
- £0.66 million EPSRC funding for collaborative research on acoustic design of secondary schools informing the revision to Building Regulations.
- New prediction and testing methodology, and guidelines, for speech intelligibility of voice alarm systems now applied to 74 stations on the London Underground.
- Recognition of research through 6 prestigious national and international awards and prizes.
- Effects of noise on health, hearing and education; speech intelligibility.
- Biomedical Engineering and Communications (BiMEC)
- Communications: ultra wideband (UWB), wireless and optical systems and their applications in communication networks; design and development of medical and healthcare instrumentation.
Bioengineering: non-destructive measurement technologies for in-vivo skin and physiological studies.
19 October 2018Black History Month at LSBU Launch Event
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
25 October 2018London Primary Care Quality Academy Workshop
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
30 October 2018Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
8 November 2018'ResearchToday!' Curiosity in the experiential consumption of the unknown
10 November 2018University Open Day
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018
LSBU wins ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ for an unprecedented second year running
24 September 2018
London South Bank University wins national awards for teaching excellence
17 September 2018
Law students reach finals weekend in national competition
30 August 2018
London South Bank first UK University to offer Architecture Degree Apprenticeships
24 August 2018
Level 4 and 5 qualifications vital to fill national skills gap, says LSBU's Vice-Chancellor
23 August 2018
Lambeth College joins LSBU
22 August 2018
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018