The Robotics Centre researches the following topics:
- Innovative mobile robots for the non-destructive testing of safety critical infrastructure located in remote and hazardous environments via partnership between TWI Ltd and the London South Bank Innovation Centre (LSBIC) for Automation of NDT.
- Assistive and wearing robots.
- Adaptive/intelligent computing and control for autonomous robots.
- Geometrical methods applied to robot dynamics and kinematics.
The Centre aims, in collaboration with TWI Ltd and in partnership with stakeholders and service companies, to develop mobile robots relevant to industrial inspection applications.
The Centre is working on the following projects:
- H2020 FTI TANKROB, In-service intrusive NDT of petrochemical storage tank floors and walls. Visit the TankRob Facebook page.
- H2020 FTI RISERSURE Rapid Integrity Assessment of Flexible Risers for Offshore Oil and Gas Installations.
- H2020 FTI WINSPECTOR Advanced shearography platform for on-site inspection of blades.
- EPSRC/IUK, SIRCAUR, Safe Inspection of Reinforced Concrete in Air and Underwater.
- EPSRC/IUK, RIMCAW, Robotic Inspection of Mooring Chains in Air and Water.
- IUK, NAUTILUS, Bathyscaphic Robotic Floor Thickness Monitoring of Hazardous Liquid Storage Tanks.
- IUK, ROBO-PACK, The development of an advanced robotic manipulator for rapid inspection and packing of fresh produce.
- IUK, FSWBOT, Friction Stir Welding Crawler for Internal Repair and Refurbishment of Pipelines.
- IUK, ROBOTX, Robotic digital X-ray scanning system for deep water flexible riser inspection.
- IUK, RADBLAD, In-service X-ray radiography of off-shore wind blades (RADBLAD).
- IUK, AWI, Autonomous phased array ultrasound robotic NDT of long weld lines.
The Centre maintains a workshop in TWI, Granta Park, Cambridge and has access to extensive TWI facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. It also has a large dedicated research laboratory in the university with small machining tools, steel structures, a small water tank, industrial control systems, NDT equipment and four Adept mobile robots.
18 October 2018'ResearchToday!' Controllability of Linear Systems
18 October 2018Drama and Performance Taster Evening with performance of A Midsummer's Nights Dream
19 October 2018Black History Month at LSBU Launch Event
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
25 October 2018London Primary Care Quality Academy Workshop
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
30 October 2018Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018
LSBU wins ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ for an unprecedented second year running
24 September 2018
London South Bank University wins national awards for teaching excellence
17 September 2018
Law students reach finals weekend in national competition
30 August 2018
London South Bank first UK University to offer Architecture Degree Apprenticeships
24 August 2018
Level 4 and 5 qualifications vital to fill national skills gap, says LSBU's Vice-Chancellor
23 August 2018
Lambeth College joins LSBU
22 August 2018
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018