Research at CApRII
Our research is wide ranging, focusing on health and social care service improvement and innovation. Research is funded by local NHS Trusts, charities and national bodies.
Examples of current projects include:
- Guys and St Thomas’ Charity: identification and support individuals with autism and intellectual disabilities through the criminal justice system (£675k).
- Health Education England: Evaluating ‘making every contact count’ (£54k).
- Several studies modelling the health care workforce in cancer, the Impact of Advanced Practice into Northern Ireland for the CNO Northern Ireland (£60k), the diabetes specialist workforce in South West London (£30k), and the ophthalmic workforce Moorfields/HEE (£80k).
- Hamm J, Money A, Atwal A (2017). Fall Prevention Self-Assessments Via Mobile 3D Visualization Technologies: Community Dwelling Older Adults’ Perceptions of Opportunities and Challenges, JMIR Hum Factors 4(2):e15
- Chaplin, E and McCarthy, J and Underwood, L and Forrester, A and Hayward, H and Sabet, J and Mills, R and Young, S and Asherson, P and Murphy, D. Characteristics of prisoners with intellectual disabilities, Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 61. 1185-1195
- Mansfield M, Thacker M, Spahr N, Smith T. Factors associated with physical activity participation in adults with chronic cervical spine pain: a systematic review, Physiotherapy. 2017 Feb 13. pii: S0031-9406(17)30017-2
- Leary A, Cook R, Jones S, et al. Mining routinely collected acute data to reveal non-linear relationships between nurse staffing levels and outcomes, BMJOpen 2016;6:e011177
- Thomas, NM and Baillie, LJ (2017) How does the length of day shift affect patient care on older people's wards? A mixed method study, International Journal of Nursing Studies
- Kelly, M and Wills, JD and Jester, R and Speller, V. Should nurses be role models for healthy lifestyles? Results from a modified Delphi study, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 73. 665-678
- Zhang, X and Lee, MS and Smith, CA and Robinson, N and Zhou, Y and Wu, Y and Mao, Y-Y and Qu, F. Effects of acupuncture during in vitro fertilization or intracytoplasmic sperm injection: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis, European Journal of Integrative Medicine
- Terry, L (2017) A moral profession, Nursing Ethics
- Smeland, AH and Twycross, AM and Lundeberg, S and Rustøen, T. Nurses' Knowledge, Attitudes and Clinical Practice in Pediatric Postoperative Pain Management, Pain Management Nursing
- Whittaker, AJ (2018) How do child protection practitioners make decisions in real life situations? Lessons from the psychology of decision making. British Journal of Social Work
Upcoming eventsView all events...
17 October 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
18 October 2018'ResearchToday!' Controllability of Linear Systems
18 October 2018Drama and Performance Taster Evening with performance of A Midsummer's Nights Dream
19 October 2018Black History Month at LSBU Launch Event
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
25 October 2018London Primary Care Quality Academy Workshop
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
30 October 2018Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
Latest newsView all news...
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018
LSBU wins ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ for an unprecedented second year running
24 September 2018
London South Bank University wins national awards for teaching excellence
17 September 2018
Law students reach finals weekend in national competition
30 August 2018
London South Bank first UK University to offer Architecture Degree Apprenticeships
24 August 2018
Level 4 and 5 qualifications vital to fill national skills gap, says LSBU's Vice-Chancellor
23 August 2018
Lambeth College joins LSBU
22 August 2018
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018