Our School of Health and Social Care works with more than 60 NHS partner organisations from in and around London
LSBU's School of Health and Social Care has a long and well-deserved reputation for providing high quality education and training. As a university, LSBU undertakes research that makes a difference. The School has over 400 teaching/research staff and a student body of over 7,000, with campuses in Southwark, South London and Havering, East London.
The Southwark campus has sophisticated facilities including 14 interprofessional skills laboratories and the Havering campus provides high quality educational facilities. LSBU is the largest provider of CPPD for the health and social care workforce in the South East and is proud of its high reputation in the field.
The School works with more than 60+ NHS partner organisations from in and around London to deliver a wide range of educational programmes for a variety of healthcare professionals. These include bands 1-4 workers, nurses, midwives, social workers and many Allied Health professionals.
Continuing Professional Development
Our CPPD Portfolio includes a range of programmes, modules, study days and bespoke projects that have all been designed to meet the needs of our service colleagues. Programmes are designed and implemented in collaboration with them to ensure we support workforce development that is not only fit for today but can lead and innovate in the future.
Most of these programmes are clinically focused and are becoming increasingly work based. Our complete CPPD Porfolio is designed to be flexible and offer a variety of delivery modes including e-learning and all are underpinned by a robust research and practice based culture.
Our current partner organisations in London include:
- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Barnet and Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust
- Barnet Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
- Barts Health
- Bromley Healthcare
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- Ealing Hospital NHS Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Kingston Hospital NHS Trust
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- London North West Healthcare
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital Trust
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- South West London and St Georges Mental Health NHS Trust
- St Georges Healthcare NHS Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- West London Mental Health NHS Trust
- West Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
What an NHS Partner says about us
LSBU enables staff at every level to realise their potential to deliver high quality care to all.Sarah Connor, Professional Development Lead, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Sophisticated facilities
- Our superb central London facilities provide an ideal environment for clinical skills development and simulation learning using the latest technologies. The skills laboratories and lecture rooms are equipped with facilities for teaching a variety of skills in a safe environment, allowing participants to develop high levels of competence and confidence under close supervision. Read more about School facilities in our Story Finder.
- Preparing the healthcare workforce of tomorrow
- Our CPPD is innovative and contemporary to meet future needs of the healthcare workforce.
- Flexible, modular CPPD for all health and social care levels
- Unusually for a University, we offer programmes for all levels of healthcare staff. These range from study days to foundation degrees for staff working in bands 1-4, top up degrees for health care professionals wishing to become graduates, specialist modules, master's programmes and professional doctorates for a variety of healthcare professionals. Our flexible, modular approach to CPPD allows individuals to study and reach their goals at their own pace, that fits in with the organisations requirements.
- Easy online application
- Our bespoke online application system allows people to browse for CPPD and apply on line, with no need to fill out lots of paperwork. The system requires the sponsoring organisation to approve the application, ensuring employer involvement from the outset. Read our CPPD Portfolio and complete an application.
- Feedback and Monitoring for Employers
- Our online reporting system allows you to monitor the uptake of academic programme and student progression. Employer receive monthly reports from our system and each employer is allocated a customer account manager to oversee this process.
- Programmes delivered by clinical experts
- Undertaking CPPD at LSBU means learning from experts with excellent knowledge and clinical skills in their area of speciality. Many of our academic staff hold joint posts between LSBU and some of London's most prestigious hospitals and healthcare services.
- Research Opportunities
- The School of Health and Social Care has 13 professors with expertise that covers all branches of nursing, midwifery, public health and health promotion, occupational therapy, traditional Chinese medicine and social work. Read more about the university's centres and themes and research degrees at LSBU.
- Bespoke provision
- If you can't find a CPPD module that suits the needs of your workforce we offer a variety of bespoke opportunities, created in partnership with managers that meet the demands of healthcare's ever-changing climate.
24 April 2019Two day workshop on sustainable biodiesel production
26 April 2019LGBT+ Sports Fair 2019
2 May 2019Celebration of 50 Years of Accredited Planning Education at LSBU
8 May 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
9 May 2019Film Screening: The Psychosis of Whiteness with Director Q&A
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
13 June 2019Breast screening for people with learning disabilities
22 June 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
Students take on the EPIIC Bag Challenge
23 April 2019
LSBU research project, CEDaCI, wins Interreg funding
23 April 2019
Engineering student wins award for London’s best robot
12 April 2019
Chris Skidmore, Minister of State for Universities, visits LSBU’s School of Arts and Creative Industries
10 April 2019
LSBU Journalism students launch 'Paint London Green' anti-air pollution campaign
10 April 2019
LSBU ranks in top 200 universities globally for social impact
5 April 2019
LSBU publishes gender pay gap 2019 report
29 March 2019
LSBU Bus Venture Crawl 2019
28 March 2019
Smart Energy Network study launches at London South Bank University
27 March 2019