I chose to study here at LSBU because of two things: one is, it is located in the heart of London with a good view of the city and the other is that it contains a remarkable amount of mature students.Abioye Oyenuga, MSc Construction Project Management
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 201 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
To apply for a foundation course at LSBU you need one of the following:
- West African Senior School Certificate of Education (WAEC) with C6 or above in at least 5-6 subjects (including: English Language and Maths)
- English requirements: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent or a West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above.
If your qualification is higher than this see our undergraduate section on this page.
Undergraduate Course Requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- suitable UK Foundation Course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate, (24 Points or above)
- A Levels (Cambridge Overseas) at a suitable level
- National Diploma in a suitable subject, with Lower or Upper Credit depending on course applied for
- Higher National Diploma in a suitable subject with Lower Credit or Upper Credit depending on LSBU course applied for
- successfully completed completed Year one (Level 100) of a suitable Bachelor Degree from a recognised university in Nigeria. A good GPA is required
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or West African Senior School Certificate in English Language C6 or above (WAEC or NECO).
Year 2 Undergraduate Entry
You will need to hold one of the following:
- HND in a suitable subject with Lower or Upper Credit depending on course applied for
- successfully completed Year 1 & 2 (Level 100 and Level 200) of a relevant Bachelors Degree from a recognised university in Nigeria. A good GPA is required and the units should be a good match for the LSBU course applied for
- English requirements: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or a West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above (WAEC or NECO).
If your qualification is higher than this see information for postgraduates or if it is lower information for foundation courses.
Postgraduate Course Requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Bachelor Degree (four or five years) in a suitable subject from a recognised university in Nigeria. The majority of courses require a minimum grade of Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- English Language: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent or West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above (WAEC or NECO)
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduates or the information for foundation courses.
How to apply
As a Nigerian national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Nigeria.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Nigeria.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Our scholarships include Nationality Scholarships for residents of Nigeria.
Representatives in Nigeria
We currently have a number of established representatives working in different locations in Nigeria. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact one of our representatives listed below.
- Dave Abion Consulting
- Educational Support Counselling and Consult (ESCC)
- Global Education Study Centers
- Glory Educational Services
- Preparation for Life
- Unlimited Knowledge Admissions Services (UKAS)
- UKEAS Worldwide
- Vantagescope Three Sixty Degrees
- World Student Advisors
LSBU in Nigeria
Our International Officers Francis Glover and Aissata Edmondson are responsible for applications from Nigeria. Throughout the year, we do travel overseas and these events are shown in the What's on section of our website. If you have any questions regarding LSBU, our courses or applying, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
International One to One appointmentsBook online
23 August 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
1 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of The Built Environment and Architecture; School of Engineering
6 October 2018University Open Day
15 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018
LSBU awarded Gold standard for supporting armed forces community
8 August 2018
Former MP and minister appointed University Chancellor
1 August 2018
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018