I chose to study here at LSBU because of two things: one is, it is located in the heart of London with a good view of the city and the other is that it contains a remarkable amount of mature students.Abioye Oyenuga, MSc Construction Project Management
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 201 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
Foundation course requirements
To apply for a foundation course at LSBU you need one of the following:
- West African Senior School Certificate of Education (WAEC) with C6 or above in at least 5-6 subjects (including: English Language and Maths)
- English requirements: IELTS 4.5 or equivalent or a West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above.
If your qualification is higher than this see our undergraduate section on this page.
Undergraduate Course Requirements
To apply for an undergraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- suitable UK Foundation Course (60% minimum)
- International Baccalaureate
- A Levels (Cambridge Overseas) at a suitable level
- National Diploma in a suitable subject, with Lower or Upper Credit depending on course applied for
- Higher National Diploma in a suitable subject with Lower Credit or Upper Credit depending on LSBU course applied for
- successfully completed Year one (Level 100) of a suitable Bachelor Degree from a recognised university in Nigeria. A good GPA is required
- IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or West African Senior School Certificate in English Language C6 or above (WAEC or NECO).
Year 2 Undergraduate Entry
You will need to hold one of the following:
- HND in a suitable subject with Lower or Upper Credit depending on course applied for
- successfully completed Year 1 & 2 (Level 100 and Level 200) of a relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in Nigeria. A good GPA is required and the units should be a good match for the LSBU course applied for.
- English requirements: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or a West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above (WAEC or NECO).
If your qualification is higher than this see information for postgraduates or if it is lower information for foundation courses.
Postgraduate Course Requirements
To apply for a postgraduate course at LSBU you need to have one of the following:
- Bachelor Degree (four or five years) in a suitable subject from a recognised university in Nigeria. The majority of courses require a minimum grade of Second Class Honours Lower Division.
- English Language: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent or West African Senior School Certificate in English Language grade C6 or above (WAEC or NECO).
If your qualification is lower than this see our information for undergraduates or the information for foundation courses.
How to apply
As a Nigerian national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Nigeria.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Our scholarships include Nationality Scholarships for residents of Nigeria.
Please note, LSBU do not offer any full scholarships.
Representatives in Nigeria
We currently have a number of established representatives working in different locations in Nigeria. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact one of our representatives listed below. We particularly recommend that students from Nigeria contact one of our agents, even after you have received your offer, so that you can get additional advice to guide you through the pre-CAS process.
- Drums School Finders
- ElGold Education Services
- Global Education Study Centres
- JES Stone Education
- Tor Rise Consultancy
- UKEAS (Abuja)
- Diamond Giant
- ESCC Education
- Glory Education Services
- MOD Education
- Strategic Offshore Placement
- Virtue Focus
LSBU in Nigeria
Our International Recruitment Team travel frequently to Nigeria. To get more information about the trips, and the university please complete our web form. You’ll then be contacted whenever we are coming to Nigeria. You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process or questions regarding courses please contact our Enquiries Manager via email email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 20 7815 6189.
International One to One appointmentsBook online
20 June 2019PRODUCT OF SOUTH BANK: LSBU Product Design Degree Show 2019 - Day One
20 June 2019Money’s Importance from the Religious Perspective
21 June 2019Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
21 June 2019PRODUCT OF SOUTH BANK: LSBU Product Design Degree Show 2019 - Day Two
21 June 2019Depicting the future of AI through art
22 June 2019PRODUCT OF SOUTH BANK: LSBU Product Design Degree Show 2019 - Day Three
22 June 2019University Open Day
24 June 2019Information Evening: International Human Resources Management
26 June 2019Open borders in Europe: current challenges from migration and from terrorism … working towards solutions
26 June 2019'Citizenship, Nation-Building and Identity in the EU' - Book Launch and Reception
LSBU’s Professor Alison Leary awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
14 June 2019
Lauren Webster, student at LSBU, wins at Women in Property Awards for the South East
12 June 2019
Ten place rise for LSBU in the Guardian League Table 2020
11 June 2019
Associate nursing professor at LSBU awarded place on 70@70 leadership programme
4 June 2019
Law student at LSBU wins double scholarship from the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
17 May 2019
LSBU hosts British Journalism Training Council conference
15 May 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019
LSBU's engineering students take on Constructionarium 2019
13 May 2019
LSBU chancellor co-hosts local business gathering with Southwark Chamber of Commerce
10 May 2019