There are many benefits in graduating with a degree from London South Bank University. At LSBU they offer plenty of choice through their wide range of vocational courses and their flexible approach to learning. LSBU's central location is great for getting to know the wonderful city of London, and its employer links make our degree as relevant as possible.Syed Hossain, MSc Food Safety and Control
If you're thinking of studying with us at London South Bank University (LSBU), our entry requirements, scholarships and details of how to apply are laid out below to help you with your application.
We accept a range of English language qualifications (PDF File 201 KB). Please contact the international office for further details.
- Bangladesh Higher Secondary Certificate (score below 80%/CGPA 4.5/5.0)
- International Baccalaureate Certificate
- Bangladesh Higher Secondary Certificate : 80%/CGPA 4.5/5.0 or higher
- 3 passes at GCE A Level (required grades dependant on LSBU course applied for)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 24 points or higher
- Accredited UK Foundation programme: minimum 55-60% or higher
- Accredited UK National Diploma (Upper or Lower Credit)
Possible advanced entry or top-up
- Accredited UK Higher National Diploma (Possible second year or top-up entry): Upper or Lower Credit
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects at HSC/Level/IB etc. See individual course entry requirements for details.
- 4-5 year Honours Degree from a recognised university in Bangladesh: CGPA 2.4 - 2.8 out of 4.0 or higher (depending on the institution and LSBU course applied for)
- 2 year Honours Degree + 2 year Masters Degree from a recognised university in Bangladesh: CGPA 2.4 – 2.8 out of 4.0 or higher (depending on the institution and LSBU course applied for)
- Honours Degree from a recognised international university: equivalent to UK Bachelor Degree Second Class Honours or higher
Please note that some LSBU courses require specific units/subjects for the first degree. A small number of LSBU courses also require relevant work experience. See individual course entry requirements for details.
Please see the Research section of the LSBU Website for information about research degree applications and entry requirements.
How to apply
As a Bangladeshi national you will need to obtain a student visa or equivalent to be able to study with us at LSBU. The main route for students to come to the UK to study is the Tier 4 General student visa. We have information about visas and immigration on our website and guidance on the requirements. It is also important to refer to the information and Tier 4 Policy Guidance which is available on the Home Office website. You should also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Bangladesh.
You may be able to apply for a short-term study visa if you are coming to do a course of 6 months or less. For more information, please see our visas and immigration page and the Home Office website. You can also check the visa processing times if you are applying from Bangladesh.
We currently offer a wide variety of scholarships with a total value of £1 million. Read more about LSBU scholarships for international students.
Representatives in Bangladesh
We currently have an established and reliable representatives working in Bangladesh. If you would like assistance with your application, please contact one of our representatives listed below:
LSBU in Bangladesh
A number of academic and International Office staff will be visiting Bangladesh this year. They will be available to discuss all aspects of the University and assist with admissions.
International One to One appointmentsBook online
21 March 2018The future of solar thermal vacuum systems: half-day conference
21 March 2018What's happening in graduate employment?
22 March 2018Research today: Cherry Cheung discusses the development of social ventures
24 March 2018University Open Day
29 March 2018Critical care symposium
20 April 2018Health and Social Care Open Day
25 April 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
9 May 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
12 June 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
London South Bank University halves its gender pay gap
8 March 2018
Can we break down barriers in sport? Lively panel debates issues at LSBU
8 March 2018
LSBU loans Dorothy Mead’s Reclining Nude painting to Tate Britain
6 March 2018
LSBU wins Accountancy College of the Year for second year running
21 February 2018
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018