Scholarships & Discounts
LSBU warmly welcomes students from all over the world and is delighted to announce that over
£1 million has been committed to our international scholarships scheme.
Help with fees
We have created our new scholarships to help make student life at LSBU easier.
We offer a range of scholarships for our international students. Some of the below awards can be combined for greater discounts. Find out more about this and other information for International students on our Fees and Funding website.
- Nationality Scholarships
- This year LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of International students via our Nationality Scholarships.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- We have three Commonwealth Shared Scholarships available for the 2013/2014 academic session.
- Chevening Scholarships
- The UK Government's global scholarship programme is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The Scholarships offer nationals from a variety of countries highly coveted opportunities to study for a Master's degree at a UK university. They can develop their skills, create new networks, strengthen their opportunities and expand their horizons. Application information is on the Chevening website.
- LSBU Graduate Loyalty Scheme
- If you are currently studying as an undergraduate student at LSBU or graduated as one of our alumni in 2007 or later you could receive a generous Tuition Fee discount if you go on to study a postgraduate qualification at LSBU starting in September 2012. You may also be able to combine this with a Nationality Scholarship and Early Payment Discount to receive maximum discount.
- Other scholarships
- As an International student you may be able to apply for other scholarships.
- BUTEX International Scholarship
- As a BUTEX affiliated university we are able to offer you the opportunity to apply for the £500 BUTEX International Scholarship.
The Scholarship is open to all international undergraduate students whose period of study abroad is not funded by an ERASMUS grant. To be eligible to apply you must have been offered a study abroad place here commencing in either September 2013 or January 2014. Your place must be for a minimum of one semester.
The value of each scholarship is £500 and will be paid once you have arrived and registered at your host university.