Sylvana Chiappa Bursary
These bursaries have been created in memory of Sylvana Chiappa, a valued housing professional and alumna of LSBU's BA (Hons) Housing Studies.
How the programme works
Five bursaries have been created for full-time UK and EU students on LSBU's BA Housing Studies. Each bursary is worth £4,300, spread over the 3 years of the course and paid in two parts each year in December and March.
These bursaries have been generously supported by five housing associations:
- Barnsbury Housing Association
- Genesis Housing Group
- L&Q Housing Association
- Notting Hill Housing
- Family Mosaic
Number of bursaries: 5
Value: £4,300 each
Deadline: Friday 17 August 2012
The programme is open to applicants who:
- apply for the BA (Hons) Housing Studies at LSBU and are
- women from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, preferably living or working in social housing
- Recipients are required to attend the University's annual Scholarships and Bursaries reception in 2013, alongside representatives of Sylvana's family and the housing associations which have supported the bursaries.
- Bursary recipients will be asked to write a short letter to the family and housing associations highlighting the benefits of the bursary and expressing their appreciation of the support.
For further details, and to apply, contact:
Acting Head of Department, Urban, Environment and Leisure Studies
Tel: 020 7815 7310
Selection will be based on the applicant's university application and a supporting statement. They may also be interviewed.
Each bursary will be paid over 3 years in two parts, payable in December and March each year.