Consultancy and expertise
Let us improve your business by bringing our academic and research expertise into your world. By acting as consultants we take on challenges that are holding your business back and help you through the process of change and development to achieve short, medium and long term objectives. We provide our business clients with an efficient, confidential, commercially-focused service ranging from professional and practical advice to working on specific projects with commercially sensitive research.
Our experts are spread across our four departments of Applied Sciences; Engineering and Design; Urban Engineering and the Built Environment.
LSBU is part of Knowledge Connect. Supported by both the London Development Agency and European Regional Development Fund their role is to deliver measurable business improvement to almost 3000 businesses across London.
Collaboration vouchers are available for qualifying businesses to help fund their work with the knowledgebase in two ways:
- £3,000 Mini Voucher - typically to support testing proof of concept, strategic or technical development or market investigation.
- £10,000 Maxi Voucher - supporting more in-depth work, such as research and development for new products; services or markets; prototyping or software development, testing or validation
Recent work has seen us consulting with a number of varied organisations including:
- Capita engaged our acoustic expertise in collating data on wind turbines to help tackle acoustic and vibration problems.
- Greater London Authority (GLA) asked our sustainability experts to look at the planning submissions being sent to the London Energy Policy. As a direct result of our work the GLA now expect new building developments to have 20% renewable content.
- Cooling the London Underground is tackling the complex range of temperature problems that feature in London Underground's rail network. More information about dynamic environmental system performance is needed so that energy management can improve performance and thermal comfort. Our consultancy work is developing, testing and implementing novel cooling strategies to benefit the London Underground and its passengers.
- Uptown Group wanted to use chemical analysis to investigate the quality of the oil they recycled for catering companies. We have developed technologies that may significantly improve the effectiveness of the biodiesel transesterification process.
- BrandHandling Ltd approached our Human Performance Centre (Technology) in our Academy of Sport to test the efficiency of a sandal to promote training effects and this resulted in the creation of the Fit-flop. The shoe sold 14,000 pairs in London alone after being on sale for just 2 weeks.
To find out how we can help your business, please contact one of the Faculty's Business Development Managers.