The University is offering full-time Home undergraduate students starting in September 2019 up to 100 bursaries. The scheme has been set up to support students from lower-income families and to ensure no one is discouraged from coming to LSBU due to financial reasons.
How it works
LSBU's Access Bursary is awarding eligible Home students a £1,000 cash bursary. The bursary is automatically allocated by LSBU to eligible students and is paid directly into a student's bank account in one instalment early in the second semester.
To be considered for the Access Bursary you have to have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer for our September 2019 intake and have applied for the maximum maintenance loan by 24 May 2019. Read more about student finance on the Gov.uk website.
Check whether you're considered a Home student as defined by current government fees legislation by going to the UKCISA website.
Priority to receive an Access Bursary is given to students that meet the criteria set out below in the following order:
- Care Leavers/Care Experienced students up to the age of 25
- Those in receipt of the Special Support Element, as assessed by Student Finance England
- From lower-income families, who have a declared a residual household income of £0
Successful Home students will also need to meet these eligibility requirements. You'll need to:
- be a new self-funding full-time Home undergraduate student paying yearly fees of £9250, or taking out a Tuition Fee Loan from The Student Loans Company for all or part of the £9250
- be resident in England
- be starting university for the first time
- have applied for the maximum maintenance loan and have been income assessed by Student Finance England
- have a residual household income of between £0 and £15,000, as assessed by Student Finance England, with priority given to those on the lowest incomes. You will be expected to have applied for means-tested student-support from Student Finance England and given consent to share information in order that your declared household income level may be verified.
Please note there is a maximum access bursary allocation of up to 100 awards.
How to apply
The scholarship is automatically allocated by LSBU to eligible students – so you don't need to submit a separate application form.
Apply for your place to study at LSBU today and make your application to Student Finance England for means-tested support, giving your consent, or your sponsor's, to share information.
21 June 2019Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
21 June 2019PRODUCT OF SOUTH BANK: LSBU Product Design Degree Show 2019 - Day Two
21 June 2019Depicting the future of AI through art
22 June 2019PRODUCT OF SOUTH BANK: LSBU Product Design Degree Show 2019 - Day Three
22 June 2019University Open Day
24 June 2019Information Evening: International Human Resources Management
25 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Private Viewing
26 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 1
26 June 2019Open borders in Europe: current challenges from migration and from terrorism … working towards solutions
26 June 2019'Citizenship, Nation-Building and Identity in the EU' - Book Launch and Reception
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019
LSBU’s Professor Alison Leary awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
14 June 2019
Lauren Webster, student at LSBU, wins at Women in Property Awards for the South East
12 June 2019
Ten place rise for LSBU in the Guardian League Table 2020
11 June 2019
Associate nursing professor at LSBU awarded place on 70@70 leadership programme
4 June 2019
Law student at LSBU wins double scholarship from the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
17 May 2019
LSBU hosts British Journalism Training Council conference
15 May 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019