The University is offering full-time Home undergraduate students starting in September 2019 up to 100 bursaries. The scheme has been set up to support students from lower-income families and to ensure no one is discouraged from coming to LSBU due to financial reasons.
How it works
LSBU's Access Bursary is awarding eligible Home students a £1,000 cash bursary. The bursary is automatically allocated by LSBU to eligible students and is paid directly into a student's bank account in one instalment early in the second semester.
To be considered for the Access Bursary you have to have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer for our September 2019 intake and have applied for the maximum maintenance loan by 24 May 2019. Read more about student finance on the Gov.uk website.
Check whether you're considered a Home student as defined by current government fees legislation by going to the UKCISA website.
Priority to receive an Access Bursary is given to students that meet the criteria set out below in the following order:
- Care Leavers/Care Experienced students up to the age of 25
- Those in receipt of the Special Support Element, as assessed by Student Finance England
- From lower-income families, who have a declared a residual household income of £0
Successful Home students will also need to meet these eligibility requirements. You'll need to:
- be a new self-funding full-time Home undergraduate student paying yearly fees of £9250, or taking out a Tuition Fee Loan from The Student Loans Company for all or part of the £9250
- be resident in England
- be starting university for the first time
- have applied for the maximum maintenance loan and have been income assessed by Student Finance England
- have a residual household income of between £0 and £15,000, as assessed by Student Finance England, with priority given to those on the lowest incomes. You will be expected to have applied for means-tested student-support from Student Finance England and given consent to share information in order that your declared household income level may be verified.
Please note there is a maximum access bursary allocation of up to 100 awards.
How to apply
The scholarship is automatically allocated by LSBU to eligible students – so you don't need to submit a separate application form.
Apply for your place to study at LSBU today and make your application to Student Finance England for means-tested support, giving your consent, or your sponsor's, to share information.
28 August 2019International Conference on Renewable Energy and Vacuum Insulation for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
LSBU first UK university to launch fully chartered town planner apprenticeship scheme
27 June 2019
Engineering the Future: Two teams of LSBU students make it to Design Challenge National Finals
27 June 2019
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019