The University is offering full-time Home undergraduate students starting in September 2018 up to 100 bursaries. The scheme has been set up to support students from lower-income families and to ensure no one is discouraged from coming to LSBU due to financial reasons.
How it works
LSBU's Access Bursary is awarding eligible Home students a £1,000 cash bursary. The bursary is automatically allocated by LSBU to eligible students and is paid directly into a student's bank account in one instalment early in the second semester.
To be considered for the Access Bursary you have to have accepted a conditional or unconditional offer for our September 2018 intake and have applied for the maximum maintenance loan by 25 May 2018. Read more about student finance on the Gov.uk website.
Check whether you're considered a Home student as defined by current government fees legislation by going to the UKCISA website.
Priority to receive an Access Bursary is given to students that meet the criteria set out below in the following order:
- Care Leavers/Care Experienced students up to the age of 25
- Those in receipt of the Special Support Element, as assessed by Student Finance England
- From lower-income families, who have a declared a residual household income of £0
Successful Home students will also need to meet these eligibility requirements. You'll need to:
- be a new self-funding full-time Home undergraduate student paying yearly fees of £9250, or taking out a Tuition Fee Loan from The Student Loans Company for all or part of the £9250
- be resident in England
- be starting university for the first time
- have applied for the maximum maintenance loan and have been income assessed by Student Finance England
- have a residual household income of between £0 and £15,000, as assessed by Student Finance England, with priority given to those on the lowest incomes. You will be expected to have applied for means-tested student-support from Student Finance England and given consent to share information in order that your declared household income level may be verified.
Please note there is a maximum access bursary allocation of up to 100 awards.
How to apply
The scholarship is automatically allocated by LSBU to eligible students – so you don't need to submit a separate application form.
Apply for your place to study at LSBU today and make your application to Student Finance England for means-tested support, giving your consent, or your sponsor's, to share information.
25 October 2018London Primary Care Quality Academy Workshop
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
30 October 2018Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
8 November 2018'ResearchToday!' Curiosity in the experiential consumption of the unknown
10 November 2018University Open Day
14 November 2018Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
14 November 2018Autistic Entrepreneurs: Research and Practice Today
14 November 2018Trans-inclusion in H.E.
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018
LSBU wins ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ for an unprecedented second year running
24 September 2018
London South Bank University wins national awards for teaching excellence
17 September 2018
Law students reach finals weekend in national competition
30 August 2018
London South Bank first UK University to offer Architecture Degree Apprenticeships
24 August 2018
Level 4 and 5 qualifications vital to fill national skills gap, says LSBU's Vice-Chancellor
23 August 2018
Lambeth College joins LSBU
22 August 2018
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018