YMCA Level 2 Award in Instructing Group Indoor Cycling Sessions
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to design and deliver safe and effective group indoor cycling sessions.
Learners will cover:
- The benefits of group indoor cycling
- Health and safety in relation to group indoor cycling
- How to design and teach safe and effective group indoor cycling sessions
- The principles and variables used within a group indoor cycling session
- How to monitor and motivate participants during group indoor cycling sessions
- How to use music during group indoor cycling sessions
- How to reflect on providing group indoor cycling
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
We recommend a prerequisite qualification of Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) or any qualification within the Physical Activity Advisor category on REPs, for example Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking. This qualification does not provide entry to REPs.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
8 December 2018
9 December 2018
1 March 2019
2 March 2019
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £149.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure.
24 July 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
24 July 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
1 August 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
9 August 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
1 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of The Built Environment and Architecture; School of Engineering
6 October 2018University Open Day
15 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018