YMCA Level 2 Award in Instructing Group Indoor Cycling Sessions
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to design and deliver safe and effective group indoor cycling sessions.
Learners will cover:
- The benefits of group indoor cycling
- Health and safety in relation to group indoor cycling
- How to design and teach safe and effective group indoor cycling sessions
- The principles and variables used within a group indoor cycling session
- How to monitor and motivate participants during group indoor cycling sessions
- How to use music during group indoor cycling sessions
- How to reflect on providing group indoor cycling
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
We recommend a prerequisite qualification of Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) or any qualification within the Physical Activity Advisor category on REPs, for example Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking. This qualification does not provide entry to REPs.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
|Thursday 17 August||10am-6pm|
|Friday 18 August||10am-6pm|
|Saturday 10 February||10.30am-6.30pm|
|Sunday 11 February||10.30am-6.30pm|
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £149.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
26 April 2018Celebrate Enterprise
8 May 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
9 May 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
10 May 2018Before the NHS: Black Nurses in Britain 1881-1948
15 May 2018Alumni seminars: Alternative maternity care
17 May 2018Social Entrepreneurship and Social Inclusion: Between Fact and Fiction’
22 May 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
29 May 2018Alumni seminars: Technology and healthcare
12 June 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018