UK Coaching: An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement
Help your children to develop their ABCs (Agility, Balance and Coordination).
This course is designed for coaches working with younger children (particularly 6–9 years of age/Key Stage 1 and Lower Key Stage 2) in either a club or PE and school sport environment. Attend this workshop and learn about the key skills that underpin the majority of sports. You'll come away with a thorough grounding in the FUNdamentals of Movement – agility, balance and coordination – as well as the importance of play, fun and enjoyment in sport.
Coaches in schools will also be able to understand how the FUNdamentals of Movement play a crucial role in the delivery of the PE national curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2). This helps to ensure they meet Ofsted criteria when supporting teachers in PE curriculum time delivery.
You will cover:
- How to fine-tune your observational and analytical skills to coach good movement patterns, whether for a specific sport or in multi-skill sessions
- How to help your youngsters to master the fundamental techniques of movement – from stability to rhythm, and from acceleration to jumping and kicking
- How the FUNdamentals can be adapted to suit different needs (e.g disabled children) and different environments (eg schools and clubs), and promote lifelong participation in sport
This course is held at the Academy of Sport facilities at London South Bank University and taught by exceptional tutors with years of industry experience.
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
New dates to be available soon.
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £55.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
20 June 2018Product of South Bank
21 June 2018Applied Science Experience Day
21 June 2018Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
22 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
22 June 2018Engineering Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
23 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
23 June 2018University Open Day
24 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018