UK Coaching: How to Coach the Fundamentals of Movement
Help your children to develop their ABCs (Agility, Balance and Coordination).
This course is designed for coaches working with younger children (particularly 6–9 years of age/Key Stage 1 and Lower Key Stage 2) in either a club or PE and school sport environment. Attend this workshop and learn about the key skills that underpin the majority of sports. You'll come away with a thorough grounding in the FUNdamentals of Movement – agility, balance and coordination – as well as the importance of play, fun and enjoyment in sport.
This course is held at the Academy of Sport facilities at London South Bank University and taught by exceptional tutors with years of industry experience.
You will cover:
- How to fine-tune your observational and analytical skills to coach good movement patterns, whether for a specific sport or in multi-skill sessions
- How to help your youngsters to master the fundamental techniques of movement – from stability to rhythm, and from acceleration to jumping and kicking
- How the FUNdamentals can be adapted to suit different needs (e.g disabled children) and different environments (eg schools and clubs), and promote lifelong participation in sport
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
Participants must be 16 years or older to attend this course.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
6 November 2018
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £55.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
23 August 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
1 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of The Built Environment and Architecture; School of Engineering
6 October 2018University Open Day
15 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018
LSBU awarded Gold standard for supporting armed forces community
8 August 2018
Former MP and minister appointed University Chancellor
1 August 2018
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018