UK Coaching: An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement
Help your children to develop their ABCs (Agility, Balance and Coordination).
This course is designed for coaches working with younger children (particularly 6–9 years of age/Key Stage 1 and Lower Key Stage 2) in either a club or PE and school sport environment. Attend this workshop and learn about the key skills that underpin the majority of sports. You'll come away with a thorough grounding in the FUNdamentals of Movement – agility, balance and coordination – as well as the importance of play, fun and enjoyment in sport.
Coaches in schools will also be able to understand how the FUNdamentals of Movement play a crucial role in the delivery of the PE national curriculum for Key Stages 1 and 2). This helps to ensure they meet Ofsted criteria when supporting teachers in PE curriculum time delivery.
You will cover:
- How to fine-tune your observational and analytical skills to coach good movement patterns, whether for a specific sport or in multi-skill sessions
- How to help your youngsters to master the fundamental techniques of movement – from stability to rhythm, and from acceleration to jumping and kicking
- How the FUNdamentals can be adapted to suit different needs (e.g disabled children) and different environments (eg schools and clubs), and promote lifelong participation in sport
This course is held at the Academy of Sport facilities at London South Bank University and taught by exceptional tutors with years of industry experience.
LSBU Employability Service
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
LSBU is committed to supporting you develop your employability and succeed in getting a job after you have graduated. Your qualification will certainly help, but in a competitive market you also need to work on your employability, and on your career search.
As an LSBU student you have access to the Employability Service and its resources during your time here and for two years after you graduate.
Our Employability Service will support you in developing your skills, finding a job, interview techniques, work experience or a placement/internship, and will help you assess what you need to do to get the career you want at the end of your course. LSBU offers a comprehensive Employability Service, with a range of initiatives to complement your studies, including:
- Direct engagement from employers who come in to network with students
- Job Shop – daily drop in service to help with, tailoring CVs, cover letters and applications, sourcing online resource, mock interviews and general job searching. One to one appointments for further support also available
- Mentoring and work shadowing schemes
- Higher education achievement report - The HEAR is designed to encourage a more sophisticated approach to recording student achievement, which acknowledges fully the range of opportunities that LSBU offers to our students.
It pulls into one certificate: Module grades, Course descriptions, Placements, LSBU verified extra-curricular activities
- Employability workshops - delivered free to students all year round on a variety of related topics
- Careers fairs throughout the year to really focus your thoughts on a career after university
Teaching and learning
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
|Wednesday 1 November||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Thursday 1 February||6.30pm-9.30pm|
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £55.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
9 November 2017Exploring Quantile Dependence in financial Markets – part of our research seminar programme
20 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU
21 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 2)
22 November 2017Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
22 November 2017The Changing Face of Elephant & Castle and LSBU (Day 3)
22 November 2017Teaching EU law after Brexit and after Changes to Legal Training
22 November 2017Train to teach at LSBU
22 November 2017A Cultural Conversation: dialogue across television industry, academia and audiences
22 November 2017Drop-in session for CIPD approved courses
23 November 2017The Future of Accountancy: Success in a changing world
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017
LSBU celebrates 125 year Anniversary with Parliamentary reception
9 November 2017
LSBU joins global collaborative media network
9 November 2017
LSBU nursing lecturer Liza Mitchell-Worsfold wins Mary Seacole Award for skin cancer research
3 November 2017
LSBU humanitarian gaming initiative shortlisted for award
31 October 2017
LSBU awarded £49k HEFCE grant to boost ‘Stop the hate trait’ campaign
26 October 2017