UK Coaching Children (5-12)
It's not just about winning! Help children reach their full potential.
Do you coach children aged between 5 and 12 years of age? Then this is an exciting chance for you to reconsider the emphasis of your coaching and enhance the experience of your young participants in the process. You'll be introduced to the 'C' system of coaching children, which will improve your soft and personal skills helping you to become a more effective coach.
The course includes a practical session to help you put the Cs into practice.
This workshop was formerly called 'Coaching the Whole Child: Positive Development Through Sport'.
You will cover:
- The 'C' system of coaching children: connection; confidence; character; creativity; caring an compassion; and competence
- How to incorporate these Cs into your coaching sessions
- How to improve the development of all your young children by offering them an exciting, challenging and well-structured environment in which they can discover all that is good about sport
- How to develop your coaching to incorporate positive youth development into your sessions
This course is held at the Academy of Sport facilities at London South Bank University and taught by exceptional tutors with years of industry experience.
LSBU Employability Service
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
LSBU is committed to supporting you develop your employability and succeed in getting a job after you have graduated. Your qualification will certainly help, but in a competitive market you also need to work on your employability, and on your career search.
As an LSBU student you have access to the Employability Service and its resources during your time here and for two years after you graduate.
Our Employability Service will support you in developing your skills, finding a job, interview techniques, work experience or a placement/internship, and will help you assess what you need to do to get the career you want at the end of your course. LSBU offers a comprehensive Employability Service, with a range of initiatives to complement your studies, including:
- Direct engagement from employers who come in to network with students
- Job Shop – daily drop in service to help with, tailoring CVs, cover letters and applications, sourcing online resource, mock interviews and general job searching. One to one appointments for further support also available
- Mentoring and work shadowing schemes
- Higher education achievement report - The HEAR is designed to encourage a more sophisticated approach to recording student achievement, which acknowledges fully the range of opportunities that LSBU offers to our students.
It pulls into one certificate: Module grades, Course descriptions, Placements, LSBU verified extra-curricular activities
- Employability workshops - delivered free to students all year round on a variety of related topics
- Careers fairs throughout the year to really focus your thoughts on a career after university
Teaching and learning
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
|Thursday 19 October||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Tuesday 20 March||6.30pm-9.30pm|
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £55.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
19 January 2018Digital forensic: Partnership launch of The Centre for Research in digital Storymaking and V&A Digital Programmes
24 January 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design/ BSc (Hons) Special Effects Design Information Session
7 March 2018Engineering Experience Day
7 March 2018Professor Matt Field: What has experimental psychology done for behavioural medicine?
8 March 2018How to Apply Evening
24 March 2018University Open Day
28 March 2018Dr Caitlin Notley: Smoking in pregnancy and postpartum relapse
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018
LSBU is open for business to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers
4 January 2018
Enhancing global learning on migration and refugee law
21 December 2017
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Approval from President of American Bar Association
19 December 2017
LSBU through to quarter finals of Property Law Mooting Competition
19 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017