UK Coaching Children (5-12)
It's not just about winning! Help children reach their full potential.
Do you coach children aged between 5 and 12 years of age? Then this is an exciting chance for you to reconsider the emphasis of your coaching and enhance the experience of your young participants in the process. You'll be introduced to the 'C' system of coaching children, which will improve your soft and personal skills helping you to become a more effective coach.
The course includes a practical session to help you put the Cs into practice.
This workshop was formerly called 'Coaching the Whole Child: Positive Development Through Sport'.
You will cover:
- The 'C' system of coaching children: connection; confidence; character; creativity; caring an compassion; and competence
- How to incorporate these Cs into your coaching sessions
- How to improve the development of all your young children by offering them an exciting, challenging and well-structured environment in which they can discover all that is good about sport
- How to develop your coaching to incorporate positive youth development into your sessions
This course is held at the Academy of Sport facilities at London South Bank University and taught by exceptional tutors with years of industry experience.
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
|Tuesday 20 March||6.30pm-9.30pm|
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £55.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
20 April 2018Health and Social Care Open Day
23 April 2018Health and Social Care Open Day - Havering Campus
24 April 2018Personal Branding by Student Enterprise
24 April 2018Alumni seminars: Integrated care
25 April 2018British Society of Bakers 2018 Spring Conference
25 April 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
26 April 2018Celebrate Enterprise
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
9 May 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
10 May 2018Before the NHS: Black Nurses in Britain 1881-1948
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018
Digital communications with Andrew Mitchell from Brandmovers
9 March 2018
Can we break down barriers in sport? Lively panel debates issues at LSBU
8 March 2018