UK Coaching Children (5-12)
It's not just about winning! Help children reach their full potential.
Do you coach children aged between 5 and 12 years of age? Then this is an exciting chance for you to reconsider the emphasis of your coaching and enhance the experience of your young participants in the process. You'll be introduced to the 'C' system of coaching children, which will improve your soft and personal skills helping you to become a more effective coach.
The course includes a practical session to help you put the Cs into practice.
This workshop was formerly called 'Coaching the Whole Child: Positive Development Through Sport'.
You will cover:
- The 'C' system of coaching children: connection; confidence; character; creativity; caring an compassion; and competence
- How to incorporate these Cs into your coaching sessions
- How to improve the development of all your young children by offering them an exciting, challenging and well-structured environment in which they can discover all that is good about sport
- How to develop your coaching to incorporate positive youth development into your sessions
This course is held at the Academy of Sport facilities at London South Bank University and taught by exceptional tutors with years of industry experience.
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
|Tuesday 20 March||6.30pm-9.30pm|
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £55.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
21 June 2018Applied Science Experience Day
21 June 2018Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
22 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
22 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
22 June 2018Engineering Product Design Taster Day
23 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
23 June 2018University Open Day
24 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
25 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018