VTCT Level Three Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy (QCF) is a technical level qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills needed for a career as a Sports Massage Therapist, either employed or self-employed. This qualification is based on national occupational standards for massage.
You will cover all of the required elements needed to work effectively and efficiently as a sports massage therapist. This includes anatomy and physiology, professional practice, an understanding of the principles of health and fitness and how to provide sports massage treatments. The level 3 sports massage therapist will be able to work safely and effectively on dysfunctional tissue in a range of contexts to include pre-event, post event, intra-event and for maintenance purposes.
The structure of the qualification is comprised of five units which are all mandatory:
- Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
- Principles of health and fitness
- Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
- Professional practice in sports massage
- Sports massage treatments
LSBU Employability Service
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
LSBU is committed to supporting you develop your employability and succeed in getting a job after you have graduated. Your qualification will certainly help, but in a competitive market you also need to work on your employability, and on your career search.
As an LSBU student you have access to the Employability Service and its resources during your time here and for two years after you graduate.
Our Employability Service will support you in developing your skills, finding a job, interview techniques, work experience or a placement/internship, and will help you assess what you need to do to get the career you want at the end of your course. LSBU offers a comprehensive Employability Service, with a range of initiatives to complement your studies, including:
- Direct engagement from employers who come in to network with students
- Job Shop – daily drop in service to help with, tailoring CVs, cover letters and applications, sourcing online resource, mock interviews and general job searching. One to one appointments for further support also available
- Mentoring and work shadowing schemes
- Higher education achievement report - The HEAR is designed to encourage a more sophisticated approach to recording student achievement, which acknowledges fully the range of opportunities that LSBU offers to our students.
It pulls into one certificate: Module grades, Course descriptions, Placements, LSBU verified extra-curricular activities
- Employability workshops - delivered free to students all year round on a variety of related topics
- Careers fairs throughout the year to really focus your thoughts on a career after university
Teaching and learning
The courses is taught through classroom delivery and practical demonstrations. You'll practice on fellow course participants and complete home study and work packs, a work log, a practical assessment and one written assessment paper.
- Knowledge of anatomy at level 2 is desirable or a genuine interest in the subject.
- You will need a friendly mature attitude, good communication skills and take pride in your personal appearance.
- You must be 100% committed to the course duration.
How to apply
Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis, your place will only be confirmed on receipt of full payment and completion of the application form.Once you have returned the booking form, you can pay by card at our online store or come into the LSBU Sports Centre to pay in person.
Fees and funding
The price of the course is £1199.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
All participants will be given details about the course prior to attending, including; the time, location and course structure of the day.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
19 February 2018Lebanese International Student Fair - Day three
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018