Radiotherapy Practice DipHE
UnistatsWhat is Unistats?
Key Information Set (KIS) Data is only gathered for undergraduate full-time courses. There are a number of reasons why this course does not have KIS data associated with it. For example, it may be a franchise course run at a partner college or a course designed for continuing professional development.
Put your skills into practice
Are you keen to gain the knowledge, skills and competencies to practice as an assistant practitioner in the Therapeutic Radiography department? Then this course is for you. It combines teaching practical skills with underpinning theory so that you'll be competent in a range of clinical settings. The programme aims to develop confident and competent practitioners who practice compassionately, skilfully and safely while maintaining dignity and promoting health and wellbeing.
Why Therapeutic Radiography at LSBU?
- Employability – according to the Guardian League Table 2016, we’re the No. 1 London Modern University for career prospects in the health professions.
- We’re the No.1 London modern university in the UK for Satisfied overall with course in Health Professions (Guardian League Table 2018) – which means happy students.
- A professional accreditation – approved by the Health and Care Professions and accredited by the Society and College of Radiographers.
- Great work experience opportunities – with the chance to gain clinical experience in many of London's internationally renowned teaching hospitals.
- You’ll get access to our state-of-the-art facilities – including VERT (Virtual Environment Radiotherapy Training), a virtual learning environment simulating a radiotherapy treatment room.
The programme reflects the core standards for assistant practitioners outlined in the Skills for Health agenda. It’s been designed to align closely with the BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography. The distinctive features of the DipHE enable you to access an appropriate development route suitable to your current clinical role. You can enhance the underpinning knowledge associated with practices which you may currently undertake, and evidence knowledge and skills required for effective delivery of diagnostic imaging services at assistant practitioner level. The methods of assessment for the course overall is 25% coursework.
- Biological sciences 1
- Biological sciences 2
- Fundamental radiotherapy theory and practice
- Radiation sciences for radiography
- Concepts of inter-professional practice in health and social care
- Clinical radiotherapy theory and practice
- Applied radiation sciences
- Oncological management
- Professional development through contract learning
This course will equip you with the skills you need to perform as an assistant practitioner. You might choose to develop these further through a bridging module which allows access to the BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography course.
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Anna Forte has a clinical background in Mental health Occupational Therapy, with experience of working in both community and in-patient settings.
Teaching and learning
Throughout the course, assessment methods vary for each module: they’re specified in each module guide. Content, knowledge and understanding is assessed through coursework and/or clinical competencies. Coursework can take many forms based on the practical or theoretical content of the modules. Work is assessed by:
- Achievement of identified competencies in practice at designated level
- Client/patient narrative: reflective essay to develop integration of theory and practice
- Written examinations
- Online reflective journal
|Lectures and seminars||Self-directed study||Work-based placements|
We expect applicants will come from a variety of academic backgrounds, but you will need to meet the following entry criteria:
- Entrants to this programme must be 18 years or over at the commencement of the course and are required to be employed as support workers or assistant practitioners in the therapeutic radiography environment and
- 5 GCSEs at grade A to C to include English, Mathematics and a Science, or
- Access to HE course in Science or Health Studies or similar with 45 credits at L3 and 15 credits at L2, or
- A Foundation Degree/Higher Apprenticeship in a professionally relevant subject
- Consideration will also be given to other relevant qualifications recognised as equivalent to the above
- For those whom English is not their first language must achieve a minimum score of 7 for the International English Language Test Score (IELTS) or equivalent.
How to apply
|Mode||Duration||Start date||Application code||Application method|
Fees and funding
Fees are shown for new entrants to courses, for each individual year of a course, together with the total fee for all the years of a course. Continuing LSBU students should refer to the Finance section of our student portal, MyLSBU. Queries regarding fees should be directed to the Fees and Bursaries Team on: +44 (0)20 7815 6181.
|UK/EU fee: £4500||International fee: £12500|
|AOS/LSBU code: 4293||Session code: 1FS00|
|Total course fee:|
As this course is designed for in service applicants, students interested in applying to this course should speak with their employing hospital or Trust to discuss funding for the programme.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
After you’ve received your offer we’ll send you emails about events we run to help you prepare for your course.
Before you start your course we’ll send you information on what you’ll need to do before you arrive and during your first few days on campus. You can read about the process on our new students pages.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017