Radiographic Studies BSc (Hons)
This course is currently only open to students in Singapore.
LSBU has a long history of working in Singapore, providing BSc (Hons) qualifications to radiographers working in the country. There are over 200 radiography alumni of LSBU working in Singapore, some of whom are in very senior posts.
6 reasons to study here
- Heritage: LSBU has a long history of working in Singapore, providing BSc (Hons) qualifications to radiographers working in the country.
- Happy students: No.1 London modern university in the UK for Satisfied overall with course in Health Professions (Guardian League Table 2018).
- Career prospects: There are over 200 radiography alumni of LSBU working in Singapore, some of whom are in very senior posts.
- Great teaching: The course is taught by qualified radiographers who have extensive skills and experience in the field.
- Flexible learning: The course is delivered using a variety of learning and teaching methods, including distance learning, eLearning and traditional lectures in Singapore.
- Strong alumni network: Become part of an 80,000-strong LSBU alumni network.
This degree course covers...
The aim of this course is to enable qualified radiographers to obtain an internationally recognised BSc (Hons) award. The course does not confer automatic eligibility to work in the UK.
The course builds on the experience and skills of qualified radiographers, adding professional development skills and knowledge, and also provides for students to enhance their academic skills.
This course may be taken over one or two years.
12 month and 24 month** options
- Evidence and research in clinical practice
- Current debates in radiography (**or September 2018)
- One optional module from the following:
- Image Interpretation for Diagnostic Radiographers
- Imaging, Localisation and Verification for Radiation Therapists
- Radiography Clinical Development Skills
- Service Quality Enhancement Project (Double Module) (**or January 2018)
- Leadership for Allied Health Professionals
LSBU Employability Service
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
LSBU is committed to supporting you develop your employability and succeed in getting a job after you have graduated. Your qualification will certainly help, but in a competitive market you also need to work on your employability, and on your career search.
As an LSBU student you have access to the Employability Service and its resources during your time here and for two years after you graduate.
Our Employability Service will support you in developing your skills, finding a job, interview techniques, work experience or a placement/internship, and will help you assess what you need to do to get the career you want at the end of your course. LSBU offers a comprehensive Employability Service, with a range of initiatives to complement your studies, including:
- Direct engagement from employers who come in to network with students
- Job Shop – daily drop in service to help with, tailoring CVs, cover letters and applications, sourcing online resource, mock interviews and general job searching. One to one appointments for further support also available
- Mentoring and work shadowing schemes
- Higher education achievement report - The HEAR is designed to encourage a more sophisticated approach to recording student achievement, which acknowledges fully the range of opportunities that LSBU offers to our students.
It pulls into one certificate: Module grades, Course descriptions, Placements, LSBU verified extra-curricular activities
- Employability workshops - delivered free to students all year round on a variety of related topics
- Careers fairs throughout the year to really focus your thoughts on a career after university
Based in Singapore, students will be able to continue working in their employment enabling them to continue receiving their normal salary. Having current experience of clinical practice is important as it will impact on and may be integral to many of the modules taught.
Teaching and learning
The course enables plenty of opportunity for students looking to develop their knowledge of international practice whilst also developing knowledge of specific practice areas that are of interest to them.
The BSc (Hons) Radiographic Studies is supported by a team of staff in the Department of Allied Health Sciences at LSBU, with administrative support from the Postgraduate Allied Health Institute (PGAHI) Singapore General Hospital (SGH), as part of a formal collaboration between LSBU and SGH.
Applicants will have qualified in their professional area with a Diploma from Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore or its equivalent. Applicants should have studied their diploma in English or have an IELTS of at least 7 as the course is primarily eLearning, applicants must have access to broadband internet in order to study on this course. Applicants should have a good working knowledge of word-processing and email.
The application process may include an interview with the Course Director by September 2017. The application process is managed by the PGAHI, SGH.
How to apply
International (non Home/EU) applicants should follow our international how to apply guide.
All applications need to be made online. International (non Home/EU) applicants should follow our international how to apply guide.
Applications for this course are being accepted now. For more information please contact:
Mr Caleb Lee,
Postgraduate Allied Health Institute
Singapore General Hospital
20 College Road
Academia, Level 2
DID: (65) 6576 2713
Fees and funding
The cost for entrants into the 2017 cohort will be £4950.
Payment is at the start of the course, or in two payments if the course is undertaken over two years.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
We help our students prepare for university even before the semester starts.
Enrolment and Induction
Enrolment takes place before you start your course. On completing the process, new students formally join the University. Enrolment consists of two stages: online, and your face-to-face enrolment meeting. The online process is an online data gathering exercise that you will complete yourself, then you will be invited to your face-to-face enrolment meeting.
In September, applicants who have accepted an unconditional offer to study at LSBU will be sent details of induction, which is when they are welcomed to the University and their School. Induction helps you get the best out of your university experience, and makes sure you have all the tools to succeed in your studies.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
Course Enquiries - International
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6189Get in touch
LSBU double alumna appointed first female Bishop of London
20 December 2017
Urgent action required to support healthcare staff
5 December 2017
Thomas’ success proves Asperger’s is no barrier in academia
29 November 2017
Sophie gives back to St Thomas’ after they save her life
23 November 2017
LSBU leads by example in tackling sustainability challenges
22 November 2017
Research improves the usability of mobility aids for the elderly
17 November 2017
Mayor of London certifies LSBU a healthy place to work
15 November 2017
Discover the Changing Face of Elephant & Castle at LSBU
14 November 2017
LSBU awards six honorary graduates and fellows
10 November 2017