International Masters Foundation Programme
This course is only open to International students from non-EU countries.
This programme is ideal for independent, non-EU students who have completed an undergraduate degree programme and are looking for guaranteed progression (subject to achieving specified to a Master's level degree in the UK.
The Master's Foundation will allow you to improve your English whilst learning the study skills and research methods that you will need during your Master's degree studies.
You will study and live on campus, so that you are part of University life from the start. This includes full use of the all the university's academic, socialand sporting facilities.
Full-time (up to 25 hours per week)
1, 2 or 3 terms
- 28 September 2015
- 11 January 2016
Students study a combination of modules to best prepare them for their chosen Master's degree:
- Research methods, data analysis and project planning, which leads to a research project
- Business modules
- Academic English and study skills
- English classes to prepare for the LSBU English Language exam.
LSBU Employability Service
We are University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
LSBU is committed to supporting you develop your employability and succeed in getting a job after you have graduated. Your qualification will certainly help, but in a competitive market you also need to work on your employability, and on your career search.
As an LSBU student you have access to the Employability Service and its resources during your time here and for two years after you graduate.
Our Employability Service will support you in developing your skills, finding a job, interview techniques, work experience or a placement/internship, and will help you assess what you need to do to get the career you want at the end of your course. LSBU offers a comprehensive Employability Service, with a range of initiatives to complement your studies, including:
- Direct engagement from employers who come in to network with students
- Job Shop – daily drop in service to help with, tailoring CVs, cover letters and applications, sourcing online resource, mock interviews and general job searching. One to one appointments for further support also available
- Mentoring and work shadowing schemes
- Higher education achievement report - The HEAR is designed to encourage a more sophisticated approach to recording student achievement, which acknowledges fully the range of opportunities that LSBU offers to our students.
It pulls into one certificate: Module grades, Course descriptions, Placements, LSBU verified extra-curricular activities
- Employability workshops - delivered free to students all year round on a variety of related topics
- Careers fairs throughout the year to really focus your thoughts on a career after university
Teaching and learning
- 3 terms – from 5.0 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element less than 4.5
- 2 terms – from 5.5 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element less than 5.0
- 1 term – from 6.0 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element less than 5.5
Entry onto the Master's Foundation Programme is subject to meeting the specified entry requirements. Read a full list of country-specific academic entry requirements.
How to apply
Instructions for non UK/EU international applicants
To make your application to study at LSBU please complete the online application below. Once this has been received the Admissions team will be back in touch to support you through the remainder of the process. You will need to make sure you have the relevant documents that are listed on the application form which can help to speed up the process.
Fees and funding
For fees information please see the fees section of ONCAMPUS website.
Select a case study and read about practical project work, students' placement experiences, research projects, alumni career achievements and what it’s really like to study here from the student perspective.
Prepare to start
Read student profiles to see what the student experience and studying on campus is like.
Course Enquiries - UK/EU
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
Course Enquiries - International
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6189Get in touch
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018