Call for papers
If you would like to present a paper to the conference, please submit an abstract for review by 20 September 2018.
You can submit an abstract of 250 words on one or more of the following categories, or another topic falling within the aims and objectives of the conference. If your abstract passes the peer-review process you will be invited to submit a full paper.
- Factors and implications: The state of the professions in the construction industry; the underlying factors and the implications.
- Regulation, control and continuous development of the construction professions
- Professionalism and current issues in construction such as leadership; sustainable development; stakeholder management; technology development; and innovation
- Project management and professionalism
- Ethics in construction and current issues relating to it such as modern slavery, responsible sourcing, considerate contracting
- Transparency and forms of open contracting
- Stakeholder management and citizen involvement in construction
- Education and training, and the development of professionalism and ethical awareness among students
- The future of the built environment professions
Academic stream abstracts will be subjected to the scrutiny process of good conferences by two researchers.
Practice stream abstracts will be considered on their technical merit and innovation by two practitioners.
Case study abstracts may be research or practice-based and will be reviewed by two practitioners.
Submission and notification dates have been extended as follows:
|Submission of abstracts closing date||20 September 2018|
|Notification of acceptance||24 September 2018|
|Submission of papers closing date||21 October 2018|
|Notification of decision on papers||27 October 2018|
|Submission of revised papers closing date||3 November 2018|
If your abstract passes the peer-review process you will be invited to submit a full paper. Full papers must not exceed 10 pages of A4 paper. Please check back for the paper template and guidelines.
Each academic paper will be reviewed by two members of the Scientific and Technical Committee. If the paper is accepted its author(s) will be invited to present the paper at the conference. At least one author of each paper must be able to attend the conference.