The International Council for Research and Construction (CIB) and London South Bank University (LSBU) jointly organised a conference celebrating the progress towards sustainability in construction and development in the northern hemisphere.
The conference was for practitioners and researchers in the areas of design and construction management, construction economics, real estate development and management, facilities management and quantity surveying from developing and developed countries. Attendees learned about recent research results from different countries, share knowledge and network globally with experts and industry professionals from around the world.
The conference explored:
- the role of procurement in ensuring sustainability in construction and development projects;
- the contribution of culture to construction and development and the implications of cultural competence to sustainability in construction;
- the current trends in construction industry development;
- the challenges and opportunities for Public Private Partnerships in contributing to sustainable construction and national development;
- the value addition from knowledge acquisition, transformation, storage and dissemination to sustainability;
- the economic considerations affecting the construction industry's implementation of a sustainable agenda;
- and present and demonstrate how research innovations can be/are being used to help companies and countries in sustainable construction and development.
It brought together an international audience of:
- construction educators
- researchers in architecture, construction, infrastructure engineering and management
- company and project managers
- owners and managers of construction facilities and government officials
- design and construction software producers and vendors
This conference was addressed to the different CIB working commissions and task groups relevant to culture, procurement and construction industry development and Public Private Partnerships for construction and infrastructure development.
Special editions on the conference will be published in selected journals.
The official language of the conference is English.
|15 May 2015||Submission of the abstracts (not more than one page)|
|20 May 2015||Notification of acceptance of abstract|
|3 August 2015||Submission of Full Paper|
|20 August 2015||Notification of acceptance with comments|
|20 September 2015||Submission of revised final paper|