Radio Studio and Control Room
The Radio Studio and Control Room, based at Elephant Studios at LSBU, has sophisticated sound equipment to replicate a real-life broadcaster
Our Radio Studio is built for four people, each with their own Cardiod condenser microphone feeding into a Radio control room with a set of mixer decks for five channels of audio playback, live broadcasting tools and on-air indicators.
The Radio Studio is part of Elephant Studios at LSBU – a multi-million pound integrated multidisciplinary studio complex at forefront of digital technologies and multimedia creative practice.
Equipment and software
- 4-person talk tables
- Cardiod condenser microphones with shockmounts
- Headphone amplifier for presenter
- Guest remote controls
- Live mic cue indicators
- Talkback buttons and headphone volume control
- Pair of bi-ampflied active monitor loudspeakers
- Set of mixer desks with five channels of audio playback
- 22" touchscreen with Synergy Professional software suite for system administration for production, scheduling, live assist broadcasting tool and automated broadcasting tool
- Clyde Lumion Mic with live/on air indicators.
See our student projects for examples of how students have used the facilities of Elephant Studios at LSBU to their advantage.