Non Medical Prescribing Study Days
LSBU organises two Non-Medical Prescribing Study Days each year, inviting a variety of speakers to cover topics relevant to you and your career.
London South Bank University's two Non-Medical Prescribing Study Days take place in October and March. The speakers we invite are from different backgrounds with our aim being that the subjects they cover are relevant, engaging and interesting and that they can benefit you in your careers. Principles and standards in prescribing are applicable across the board, whatever your professional and clinical background.
We also welcome ideas of topics you would like to hear about so if you do have any ideas, please contact us.
Attendance at this event may also count towards your professional portfolio.
You can access the presentations from the last event that took place in October 2017 below:
- Searching for new evidence in prescribing - Dr Elaine Maxwell (PDF File 1,811 KB)
- Supplementary prescribing for registered dietitians - Alison Culkin (PDF File 3,018 KB)
- Prescribing in Primary Care in the Prison Service - Mary-Jane Bosley (PDF File 398 KB)
- Linda Nazarko - Tinea corporis ringworm - Linda Nazarko (PDF File 771 KB)
- Pitfalls in prescribing: Summary of learning points - Dr Farah Noorani (PDF File 110 KB)
Next event: Tuesday 13th March 2018. We hope to see you there!
Organiser profile: Bernadette Rae
Bernadette trained as a registered nurse at Bedford College of Nursing and qualified in 1990. After working in elderly care, then for eight years in oncology, she moved into primary care as a practice nurse. In 2007 she qualified as a non-medical prescriber and continued her studies, qualifying as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in 2011, and gaining MSc in 2013. She joined the non-medical prescribing team in January 2014 as a senior lecturer. Additionally, she works in a nurse run walk-in centre in central London and is currently undertaking her PhD about Non-Medical Prescribing in the UK.
For any information regarding our Non-Medical Prescribing Study Days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org