Our specialist centres are sector specific, commercially focused units. They offer companies a unique mix of academic expertise as well as technical and business know-how to help them innovate, compete and accelerate growth.
You may also be interested in the facilities and venues we have for hire.
Specialist centres to help your business
- Centre for Efficient and Renewable Energy in Buildings (CEREB)
- CEREB is a unique teaching and research resource that demonstrates renewable and intelligent energy solutions for the built environment. The Centre's experts offer advice, consultancy, product R&D, knowledge transfer and training on low and zero carbon technology, sustainability, energy management, legislation and policy.
- Human Performance Centre
- With experts in biomechanics, strength and conditioning, physiology, sports psychology and nutrition the Centre offers: LiveWell, a health and lifestyle corporate wellbeing programme; PerformWell, which tests peak performance of sports people and athletes in state of the art laboratories and advises on training and competition and InnovateWell, a cutting-edge R&D product testing and development service for health, sport and fitness concepts and products.
- Institute for Strategic Leadership and Practice Innovation (ISLSI)
- Building on the expertise of a multi-disciplinary team, ISLSI works in partnership with health providers, commissioners and other centres of excellence to deliver transformational leadership, research and education.
- Institute for Vocational Learning for Health and Social Care
- The Institute is a leading centre of excellence and best practice for health and social care workplace vocational learning. The Institute helps acute, social care, mental health and primary care service providers and commissioners, through: improving productivity; maximising the impact of training and supporting effective workforce development and planning.
- Centre for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Research (CARR)
- CARR has national and international rated expertise. The centre currently has a total funding of £1.77M and a team of 20 researchers in the fields of heat and cooling, refrigeration, retail display, life cycle environmental impact, packaging, food processing, energy resources and tri-generation. The Centre's strategy focuses on sustainability and develops knowledge, tools, skills and technologies to enable associated industries reduce its environmental footprint. Sustainability and climate change are the Centre's key drivers and they collaborate with industry and academic partners in a range of research and enterprise activities. The Centre has a significant portfolio of research grants funded by the UK Engineering and Physical Science Research Council, the European Commission and the UK Government such as DEFRA and the Carbon Trust. They also work closely with industry partners such as Tesco on initiatives to develop green technologies and cut carbon emissions.
- London Food Centre
- The London Food Centre, opened in 1998, offers food technology expertise to food and drink companies. From manufacturers to processors, ingredients suppliers to packaging companies, wholesalers, retailers and restaurants, the Centre helps businesses maintain their competitive edge, innovate and grow.
- Medical Architecture Research Unit (MARU)
- MARU has over 35 years experience in multi-disciplinary research, consultancy and training for professionals involved in the planning, design and procurement of buildings for health care. The Unit brings together the training needs of the client (planner, manager, nurse or doctor) with the skills of the designer (architect, contractor, engineer and project manager).
- National Bakery School
- The National Bakery School has been developing excellent craft bakers for over a century and it remains one of the most dynamic and influential bakery schools in the UK. The School's bakeries and testing laboratories, confectionary and chocolate development rooms are fully equipped and staffed to deliver training tailored to the needs of industry.
- The Ehrenberg Centre for Research in Marketing
- This world renowned Centre researches and disseminates information on consumer behaviour and its implications for marketing. The Centre has worked for many corporate sponsors including companies such as Coca-Cola, Unilever, Proctor and Gamble and Kraft as well as many SMEs.
- Local Economy Policy Unit (LEPU)
- LEPU contributes to the development and regeneration of the London region, through its popular seminar programmes, and its research publications and consultancy work. LEPU's journal, Local Economy, is now in its twenty-fourth year of publication and has a world-wide readership.
- Centre for Tourism
- This dedicated research and consultancy unit draws on the hands-on expertise of its tourism and planning staff . It also develops tailor-made CPD training and workshops in tourism, hospitality and planning. Together it supports the practical needs of industry, destination management organisations, local authorities, regeneration agencies and business partnerships.
Our knowledge and expertise is extensive. Find out if we're just what you need to bring your ideas to life. For all initial enquiries contact:
Enterprise Support Administrator
020 7815 6922