Intellectual Property and Licensing
London South Bank University (LSBU) has an excellent record of innovation that matches today's technology push and desire for innovation to meet people's needs. The resulting intellectual property in design, engineering, software and sports training is commercialised and made available to people through licensing and the creation of spin-out companies.
Commercialised and made available through licensing and spin-out companies
Our aim is to transfer ideas and inventions into commercial ventures that introduce useful and innovative technology into products that benefit society and create wealth for the University and the UK.
We invite business to find out more about our leading licensing opportunities and the rights to Intellectual Property we have to offer.
- Exercise technology
- Improvement of muscle group strength by the application of vibration
- A wearable device for hypoxic (high altitude) training while exercising
- Sound absorption
- Technology for manufacture of sound absorbing mirrors for use in music training rooms and other spaces
- Electronic Devices
- Behaviour monitor device for recording and management of addictive behaviours
- Electronic document transferral management system
- Biox provides expert consultancy in the areas of water vapour flux measurement and skin characterisation. Their main product is the AquaFlux, a device used for measuring water vapour flux density which they supply to numerous commercial and non-commercial organisations worldwide.
- Solion is a rapidly growing, innovation led company specialising in developing and installing solar mounting solutions. Accredited by the Energy Saving Trust, Solion provides original value added products for "on" and "off" grid solar applications.
- About Time Design
- About Time Design are innovators of the international award winning Nova-Flo, a device which senses the water level in a bath or basin and shuts off the taps automatically to prevent flooding and water and energy wastage.
- Code 13 Sports Media
- Code13 Sports Media specialises in providing professional design and consultancy services to sporting organisations. Services include graphic, print, web and team wear design and production with clients ranging from amateur and semi-pro rugby league clubs, sports related design companies, individuals and SME's.
- Elenany is an up and coming fashion label inspired by the art and culture of Islam. Stunning and vibrant graphics add an urban edge to timeless pieces designed with modesty in mind. Elenany's business ethics are also driven by the true ethos of Islam with the belief that the value for those who choose to buy the brand should not be at the cost of the people who make the clothes.
- Strongman Games
- Strongman have taken a fresh approach to games development in the attempt to breathe new life and vitality into a slowly stagnating market. With innovation and creativity in mind their first game 'Ka-Bloom' sets the standard for the development of their unique new mode of gameplay.
For enquiries and further information:
Dr Sheila Grace
Intellectual Property and Student Enterprise Team Director
Tel: 020 7815 6921