The HPC team led by a BASES-accredited physiologist works closely with athletes and coaching staff to determine performance status and needs for training progression to a competitive standard, and assist in the achievement of individual and team goals. PerformWell is designed to assess, advise and monitor performance across the following areas:
- Exercise physiology
- Sports nutrition
- Sport psychology
- Notational analysis
- Strength and conditioning
The services we offer include:
- Functional strength: to assess the strength of and the balance between the major muscle groups and compare them against recommended norms for gender, age and functional requirements.
- Joint range of motion: to determine the flexibility of the joints and the kinaesthetic sense and function, which are essential in assessing recovery and ability to return to daily activities, work and sports.
- Speed, power, endurance, agility and acceleration: to assess key performance determinants of particular importance for team sports by conducting a range of gym based tests.
- Periodised training programmes: to devise an individualised training programme appropriate to individual level and goals that is progressively structured over time to enable peak performance for competition.
- Team training sessions: to design training sessions for teams of 5 to 15 members aiming to develop power, agility, speed and strength based on consultations with a qualified strength and conditioning coach.
- Coaching decision-making: to conduct consultation with an accredited sport psychologist regarding the development and optimisation of decision-making during the game; may include game analysis, analysis of team and individual players, review of strategies to develop and optimise decision-making skills.
- Dietary analysis: to provide remote assessment of diet over a three day period with personalised recommendations from an accredited nutritionist on weight management, eating for optimal performance and identification of nutritional deficiencies.
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018
Digital communications with Andrew Mitchell from Brandmovers
9 March 2018