The HPC team led by a BASES-accredited physiologist works closely with athletes and coaching staff to determine performance status and needs for training progression to a competitive standard, and assist in the achievement of individual and team goals. PerformWell is designed to assess, advise and monitor performance across the following areas:
- Exercise physiology
- Sports nutrition
- Sport psychology
- Notational analysis
- Strength and conditioning
The services we offer include:
- Functional strength: to assess the strength of and the balance between the major muscle groups and compare them against recommended norms for gender, age and functional requirements.
- Joint range of motion: to determine the flexibility of the joints and the kinaesthetic sense and function, which are essential in assessing recovery and ability to return to daily activities, work and sports.
- Speed, power, endurance, agility and acceleration: to assess key performance determinants of particular importance for team sports by conducting a range of gym based tests.
- Periodised training programmes: to devise an individualised training programme appropriate to individual level and goals that is progressively structured over time to enable peak performance for competition.
- Team training sessions: to design training sessions for teams of 5 to 15 members aiming to develop power, agility, speed and strength based on consultations with a qualified strength and conditioning coach.
- Coaching decision-making: to conduct consultation with an accredited sport psychologist regarding the development and optimisation of decision-making during the game; may include game analysis, analysis of team and individual players, review of strategies to develop and optimise decision-making skills.
- Dietary analysis: to provide remote assessment of diet over a three day period with personalised recommendations from an accredited nutritionist on weight management, eating for optimal performance and identification of nutritional deficiencies.
26 April 2019LGBT+ Sports Fair 2019
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
Engineering student wins award for London’s best robot
12 April 2019
Chris Skidmore, Minister of State for Universities, visits LSBU’s School of Arts and Creative Industries
10 April 2019
LSBU Journalism students launch 'Paint London Green' anti-air pollution campaign
10 April 2019
LSBU ranks in top 200 universities globally for social impact
5 April 2019
LSBU publishes gender pay gap 2019 report
29 March 2019
LSBU Bus Venture Crawl 2019
28 March 2019
Smart Energy Network study launches at London South Bank University
27 March 2019
Dr Charles Graham visits Landor - the leading global brand consultancy
26 March 2019
LSBU Women's Netball team win university league
20 March 2019