The HPC team led by a BASES-accredited physiologist works closely with athletes and coaching staff to determine performance status and needs for training progression to a competitive standard, and assist in the achievement of individual and team goals. PerformWell is designed to assess, advise and monitor performance across the following areas:
- Exercise physiology
- Sports nutrition
- Sport psychology
- Notational analysis
- Strength and conditioning
The services we offer include:
- Functional strength: to assess the strength of and the balance between the major muscle groups and compare them against recommended norms for gender, age and functional requirements.
- Joint range of motion: to determine the flexibility of the joints and the kinaesthetic sense and function, which are essential in assessing recovery and ability to return to daily activities, work and sports.
- Speed, power, endurance, agility and acceleration: to assess key performance determinants of particular importance for team sports by conducting a range of gym based tests.
- Periodised training programmes: to devise an individualised training programme appropriate to individual level and goals that is progressively structured over time to enable peak performance for competition.
- Team training sessions: to design training sessions for teams of 5 to 15 members aiming to develop power, agility, speed and strength based on consultations with a qualified strength and conditioning coach.
- Coaching decision-making: to conduct consultation with an accredited sport psychologist regarding the development and optimisation of decision-making during the game; may include game analysis, analysis of team and individual players, review of strategies to develop and optimise decision-making skills.
- Dietary analysis: to provide remote assessment of diet over a three day period with personalised recommendations from an accredited nutritionist on weight management, eating for optimal performance and identification of nutritional deficiencies.
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
28 November 2018The Dark Side of Accountancy: Ethical dilemmas and sustainability challenges
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018
LSBU awarded Gold standard for supporting armed forces community
8 August 2018
Former MP and minister appointed University Chancellor
1 August 2018
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018