Primary Care Academies
The Future of the NHS is dependent on effective and efficient primary care, working in collaboration with local citizens to secure community–based solutions. General practice is central to reducing avoidable demand on secondary care and is itself experiencing significant demand, with little headroom to find adaptive solutions. Changing demographics, the impact of austerity and increasing scrutiny are generating complex multiple demands.
The Health Systems Innovation Lab’s Primary Care Academy is working practices to:
- Advocate for improvement and innovation in Primary Care across London.
- Provide local solutions and programmes where there is a gap until there is local or accessible capacity/ training/ skills, in leading quality, data for improvement and innovation, QI methods, co-production and innovation.
- Coach and supervise local newly developed teams in these skills and approaches.
- Facilitate strategic development in these areas.
- Host pan-London communities of practice, and in the future a database of evidence-based tools and methods.
- Catalyse the development of data scientists, data literacy for improvement and innovation in professionals and citizens.
Primary Care Academy Network event
We recently held a London Primary Care Academy Network Learning Event in December 2017 to bring everyone together to share learning and discuss new approaches to manage demand, with guest speaker Prof Jean Louis Denis from University of Montreal.
We aim to hold another Primary Care Academy event in April 2018. Please get in touch to register your interest.
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
CIMA grants LSBU students an exemption to fast-track their accountancy qualifications
20 October 2017
LSBU and BUE celebrate academic partnership
13 October 2017
Tenants and graduate entrepreneurs head to Toronto to run their businesses
26 September 2017
LSBU graduate entrepreneur nominated for international award
17 August 2017
Entrepreneurs share personal journeys at Dr Rami Ranger CBE enterprise lecture
19 July 2017
Renowned entrepreneurs to share journey to success in annual lecture
10 July 2017
Experts debate the future of public service media
13 June 2017
Generation Z have their say on how public service media need to adapt
12 June 2017