Business advice services
If you have identified an area of the business mix that you need some support in, a particular problem that you want to solve, or an opportunity that you want to evaluate, the student-led Business Solutions Centre can help you.
The Business Solutions Centre is staffed by Student Advisers who have been through a comprehensive recruitment and training process. A member of LSBU staff will supervise the Advisers.
How it works
A consultation from the Centre is free and easy to arrange - simply follow these steps.
Typical business challenges
- How can I use social media to support business growth?
- How can I write a business plan?
- How can I evaluate the cost and benefit of new premises, or a new employee?
- How can I seek potential funding or resources?
- How can I market my business on a low marketing budget?
You will receive bespoke solutions for your business, such as:
- Consultancy projects delivered by students with appropriate expertise
- Internships or ongoing paid employment, allowing our students to support your business
- Signposting to appropriate LSBU or other local services
Areas of expertise
You can tap into the following expertise within the School of Business' academic staff and trained Student Advisers:
- Business development and planning
- Tax and small business accounting
- Marketing and social media
- Forecasting and costing
- Access to finance
- Intellectual property
- Project management
- Consumer behaviour and brand management
Find out further information on LSBU's areas of business expertise.
24 June 2019Information Evening: International Human Resources Management
25 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Private Viewing
26 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 1
26 June 2019Open borders in Europe: current challenges from migration and from terrorism … working towards solutions
26 June 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
26 June 2019'Citizenship, Nation-Building and Identity in the EU' - Book Launch and Reception
27 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 2
27 June 2019Stock Market Integration between the UK and the US: Evidence over eight decades
28 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 3
1 July 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 4
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019
LSBU’s Professor Alison Leary awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
14 June 2019
Lauren Webster, student at LSBU, wins at Women in Property Awards for the South East
12 June 2019
Ten place rise for LSBU in the Guardian League Table 2020
11 June 2019
Associate nursing professor at LSBU awarded place on 70@70 leadership programme
4 June 2019
Law student at LSBU wins double scholarship from the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
17 May 2019
LSBU hosts British Journalism Training Council conference
15 May 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019