Many students take on a placement while they study to gain essential commercial experience that enhances their degree and develops soft skills. For employers, students can be a valued additional asset to the workforce.
Choose your style of placement
- Sandwich Year
- Usually run for a year, generally starting around July.
- These usually run from early June to mid-September, typically for eight to 12 weeks. They are great way to invite fresh perspective to a business in the short term.
- Project work
- This option is great if you're looking for a student with specific knowledge of a particular field. Placements tend to run for three to six months and start at various times during the year, depending on the area you are looking to recruit into.
- These involve a student working in your organisation for one or two days a week over the course of a year. They are the solution if a full-time student placement is not possible. A student combines the placement with their course of study, so flexibility is key.
Recruiting a student placement
If you would like to create a student placement we help you manage the whole process. We'll oversee:
- preparing job descriptions
- advertising your placement vacancy to our students
- sending you CVs from our students. If you want to interview we will contact them, arranging a start date for your successful placement student
- completing all required paperwork
All placement providers complete a set of forms prior to the student starting the placement. This is standard practice across the industry and allows us to maintain a high quality and efficient service to employers and students. Our support package continues for the length of the student's placement with you.
The only cost to you as a business is the salary to the student which you pay directly to them. Year placements are advertised with an annual salary. Summer, part-time and project placements can be advertised on an weekly or hourly basis.
Please note that we are unable to advertise or manage any placements, internships and work experience that is unpaid.
Contact our team any time to help create your ideal placement: firstname.lastname@example.org
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
21 March 2019'Visualizing Consumer Culture: A Semiotic Understanding of Interpreted Brands
22 March 2019Putting People First. Interprofessional Co-production & Lessons from the Gosport Inquiry
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
27 March 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 March 2019Responding to ageing demographics: A positive view from a public administration and public policy perspective.
5 April 2019Transnational Female Activism: Peace, Suffrage, Diversity 1914-1939
24 April 2019Two day workshop on sustainable biodiesel production
8 May 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
LSBU Men’s Rugby Team win university league for the first time in 22 years
13 March 2019
LSBU marks National Apprenticeship Week with celebratory event
12 March 2019
LSBU Journalism students to team up with innovative start-up Fighthoax
6 March 2019
LSBU Architectural Technology students through to CIOB Bright Futures final
27 February 2019
LSBU Vice-Chancellor joins Educational Commission for Lifelong Learning
26 February 2019
New study reveals stark gender pay inequality in UK nursing workforce
26 February 2019
LSBU graduate wins big at the RTS London Student Awards
22 February 2019
LSBU mental health research boosted by £200k grant
14 February 2019
London South Bank University welcomes Secretary of State for Education
13 February 2019