Many students take on a placement while they study to gain essential commercial experience that enhances their degree and develops soft skills. For employers, students can be a valued additional asset to the workforce.
Choose your style of placement
- Sandwich Year
- Usually run for a year, generally starting around July.
- These usually run from early June to mid-September, typically for eight to 12 weeks. They are great way to invite fresh perspective to a business in the short term.
- Project work
- This option is great if you're looking for a student with specific knowledge of a particular field. Placements tend to run for three to six months and start at various times during the year, depending on the area you are looking to recruit into.
- These involve a student working in your organisation for one or two days a week over the course of a year. They are the solution if a full-time student placement is not possible. A student combines the placement with their course of study, so flexibility is key.
Recruiting a student placement
If you would like to create a student placement we help you manage the whole process. We'll oversee:
- preparing job descriptions
- advertising your placement vacancy to our students
- sending you CVs from our students. If you want to interview we will contact them, arranging a start date for your successful placement student
- completing all required paperwork
All placement providers complete a set of forms prior to the student starting the placement. This is standard practice across the industry and allows us to maintain a high quality and efficient service to employers and students. Our support package continues for the length of the student's placement with you.
The only cost to you as a business is the salary to the student which you pay directly to them. Year placements are advertised with an annual salary. Summer, part-time and project placements can be advertised on an weekly or hourly basis.
Please note that we are unable to advertise or manage any placements, internships and work experience that is unpaid.
Contact our team any time to help create your ideal placement: email@example.com
18 January 2019Addressing Complexity: Homelessness and Addiction
31 January 2019'Can FMCG brands disrupt market equilibrium by delivering new category users?
7 February 2019The value of information in a knowledge based and digital economy
8 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day One
9 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day Two
14 February 2019Education Across the Divide Conference 2019: Creative and Innovative Approaches to Inclusive Education
14 February 2019Barriers against effective responses to early warning signs in projects
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
9 March 2019University Open Day
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018
Engineering students win big at the Engineering Sketches Prize
13 December 2018
Research project at LSBU takes coveted award
13 December 2018
London South Bank University’s new Passmore Centre will drive Apprenticeship delivery in Southwark
28 November 2018
£10,000 win for LSBU student’s water heating solution
14 November 2018
South Bank celebration marks Sir Simon Hughes becoming new Chancellor of LSBU
9 November 2018
LSBU professor awarded for major engineering management accomplishments
6 November 2018