Many students take on a placement while they study to gain essential commercial experience that enhances their degree and develops soft skills. For employers, students can be a valued additional asset to the workforce.
Choose your style of placement
- Sandwich Year
- Usually run for a year, generally starting around July.
- These usually run from early June to mid-September, typically for eight to 12 weeks. They are great way to invite fresh perspective to a business in the short term.
- Project work
- This option is great if you're looking for a student with specific knowledge of a particular field. Placements tend to run for three to six months and start at various times during the year, depending on the area you are looking to recruit into.
- These involve a student working in your organisation for one or two days a week over the course of a year. They are the solution if a full-time student placement is not possible. A student combines the placement with their course of study, so flexibility is key.
Recruiting a student placement
If you would like to create a student placement we help you manage the whole process. We'll oversee:
- preparing job descriptions
- advertising your placement vacancy to our students
- sending you CVs from our students. If you want to interview we will contact them, arranging a start date for your successful placement student
- completing all required paperwork
All placement providers complete a set of forms prior to the student starting the placement. This is standard practice across the industry and allows us to maintain a high quality and efficient service to employers and students. Our support package continues for the length of the student's placement with you.
The only cost to you as a business is the salary to the student which you pay directly to them. Year placements are advertised with an annual salary. Summer, part-time and project placements can be advertised on an weekly or hourly basis.
Please note that we are unable to advertise or manage any placements, internships and work experience that is unpaid.
Contact our team any time to help create your ideal placement: firstname.lastname@example.org
LSBU announces new partnership with Brandmovers Inc
30 November 2017
CIMA grants LSBU students an exemption to fast-track their accountancy qualifications
20 October 2017
LSBU and BUE celebrate academic partnership
13 October 2017
Tenants and graduate entrepreneurs head to Toronto to run their businesses
26 September 2017
LSBU graduate entrepreneur nominated for international award
17 August 2017
Entrepreneurs share personal journeys at Dr Rami Ranger CBE enterprise lecture
19 July 2017
Renowned entrepreneurs to share journey to success in annual lecture
10 July 2017
Experts debate the future of public service media
13 June 2017
Generation Z have their say on how public service media need to adapt
12 June 2017