Why choose us
Our background working with employers
We have been working with employers since 1892 to meet their training and educational needs. We were one of the first to provide higher and degree apprenticeships and now have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeship offers of any London university - and the list is growing all the time. We currently train 6,000 employees from over 1,000 organisations, meaning around a third of our students are sponsored by their employer. Of these, there are over 300 apprentices from over 85 organisations.
Support from our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
Our team of dedicated professionals is here to support your business throughout the apprenticeship process so that you reap all the benefits of apprenticeships. We offer:
- Assistance with your training needs analysis to help identify your training and skills gaps and which apprenticeship standards would suit your business.
- Help finding strong motivated candidates with the option to advertise your vacancies for us to shortlist for you.
- A dedicated account manager who will support you and your apprentice from start to finish providing information, advice and regular feedback.
- Guidance and advice on how apprenticeships work and what your employer commitments are so that you can maximise benefits and minimise potential disruption.
- Regular updates via email and invitations to free employer events.
As of December 2017, we are one of only two London universities with government funding to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers. We have also been awarded a silver rating for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), with the panel highlighting that we deliver courses that are designed to give students skills and knowledge valued by employers.
Our range of apprenticeship standards
We have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeships offered by any university. Focusing on higher and degree level in a range of subject areas: from healthcare to construction, through to business management and engineering. View our apprenticeship standards to find the right fit for you.
Our intensive day release programmes minimise the amount of time employees spend away from the workplace and offer the advantage of allowing employees to access peer support while they’re studying.
We’re committed to providing a high quality service and the specifics of this are part of the contract we sign with you and the apprentice. It includes our commitment to:
- Deliver high quality training and assessment, appropriate to the individual qualification requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor through the review process the apprentices performance in training and ensure that the employer is involved in this process
- Raise concerns or issues the apprentice has in relation to the apprenticeship standard
- Deliver off-the job training and undertake the assessments required for the apprentice to complete the apprenticeship
- Advise employers on how to set up the Digital Apprenticeship Service account through our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
- Arrange End Point Assessments with an independent End Point Assessment organisation
22 February 2019Introduction to professional bodies in project management and panel discussion
27 February 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
21 March 2019'Visualizing Consumer Culture: A Semiotic Understanding of Interpreted Brands
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
London South Bank University welcomes Secretary of State for Education
13 February 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019
London South Bank first UK University to offer Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeships
7 February 2019
London South Bank University and Lambeth College unite to transform educational opportunities in south London
1 February 2019
LSBU alumnus Stephen Addison honoured for helping young people in East London escape gang culture
29 January 2019
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018