Why choose us
Our background working with employers
We have been working with employers since 1892 to meet their training and educational needs. We were one of the first to provide higher and degree apprenticeships and now have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeship offers of any London university - and the list is growing all the time. We currently train 6,000 employees from over 1,000 organisations, meaning around a third of our students are sponsored by their employer. Of these, there are over 300 apprentices from over 85 organisations.
Support from our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
Our team of dedicated professionals is here to support your business throughout the apprenticeship process so that you reap all the benefits of apprenticeships. We offer:
- Assistance with your training needs analysis to help identify your training and skills gaps and which apprenticeship standards would suit your business.
- Help finding strong motivated candidates with the option to advertise your vacancies for us to shortlist for you.
- A dedicated account manager who will support you and your apprentice from start to finish providing information, advice and regular feedback.
- Guidance and advice on how apprenticeships work and what your employer commitments are so that you can maximise benefits and minimise potential disruption.
- Regular updates via email and invitations to free employer events.
As of December 2017, we are one of only two London universities with government funding to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers. We have also been awarded a silver rating for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), with the panel highlighting that we deliver courses that are designed to give students skills and knowledge valued by employers.
Our range of apprenticeship standards
We have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeships offered by any university. Focusing on higher and degree level in a range of subject areas: from healthcare to construction, through to business management and engineering. View our apprenticeship standards to find the right fit for you.
Our intensive day release programmes minimise the amount of time employees spend away from the workplace and offer the advantage of allowing employees to access peer support while they’re studying.
We’re committed to providing a high quality service and the specifics of this are part of the contract we sign with you and the apprentice. It includes our commitment to:
- Deliver high quality training and assessment, appropriate to the individual qualification requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor through the review process the apprentices performance in training and ensure that the employer is involved in this process
- Raise concerns or issues the apprentice has in relation to the apprenticeship standard
- Deliver off-the job training and undertake the assessments required for the apprentice to complete the apprenticeship
- Advise employers on how to set up the Digital Apprenticeship Service account through our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
- Arrange End Point Assessments with an independent End Point Assessment organisation
23 August 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
1 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of The Built Environment and Architecture; School of Engineering
6 October 2018University Open Day
15 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018
LSBU awarded Gold standard for supporting armed forces community
8 August 2018
Former MP and minister appointed University Chancellor
1 August 2018
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018