Why choose us
Our background working with employers
We have been working with employers since 1892 to meet their training and educational needs. We were one of the first to provide higher and degree apprenticeships and now have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeship offers of any London university - and the list is growing all the time. We currently train 6,000 employees from over 1,000 organisations, meaning around a third of our students are sponsored by their employer. Of these, there are over 300 apprentices from over 85 organisations.
Support from our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
Our team of dedicated professionals is here to support your business throughout the apprenticeship process so that you reap all the benefits of apprenticeships. We offer:
- Assistance with your training needs analysis to help identify your training and skills gaps and which apprenticeship standards would suit your business.
- Help finding strong motivated candidates with the option to advertise your vacancies for us to shortlist for you.
- A dedicated account manager who will support you and your apprentice from start to finish providing information, advice and regular feedback.
- Guidance and advice on how apprenticeships work and what your employer commitments are so that you can maximise benefits and minimise potential disruption.
- Regular updates via email and invitations to free employer events.
As of December 2017, we are one of only two London universities with government funding to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers. We have also been awarded a silver rating for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), with the panel highlighting that we deliver courses that are designed to give students skills and knowledge valued by employers.
Our range of apprenticeship standards
We have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeships offered by any university. Focusing on higher and degree level in a range of subject areas: from healthcare to construction, through to business management and engineering. View our apprenticeship standards to find the right fit for you.
Our intensive day release programmes minimise the amount of time employees spend away from the workplace and offer the advantage of allowing employees to access peer support while they’re studying.
We’re committed to providing a high quality service and the specifics of this are part of the contract we sign with you and the apprentice. It includes our commitment to:
- Deliver high quality training and assessment, appropriate to the individual qualification requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor through the review process the apprentices performance in training and ensure that the employer is involved in this process
- Raise concerns or issues the apprentice has in relation to the apprenticeship standard
- Deliver off-the job training and undertake the assessments required for the apprentice to complete the apprenticeship
- Advise employers on how to set up the Digital Apprenticeship Service account through our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
- Arrange End Point Assessments with an independent End Point Assessment organisation
28 August 2019International Conference on Renewable Energy and Vacuum Insulation for Nearly Zero Energy Buildings
28 August 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
LSBU first UK university to launch fully chartered town planner apprenticeship scheme
27 June 2019
Engineering the Future: Two teams of LSBU students make it to Design Challenge National Finals
27 June 2019
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019