Why choose us
Our background working with employers
We have been working with employers since 1892 to meet their training and educational needs. We were one of the first to provide higher and degree apprenticeships and now have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeship offers of any London university - and the list is growing all the time. We currently train 6,000 employees from over 1,000 organisations, meaning around a third of our students are sponsored by their employer. Of these, there are over 300 apprentices from over 85 organisations.
Support from our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
Our team of dedicated professionals is here to support your business throughout the apprenticeship process so that you reap all the benefits of apprenticeships. We offer:
- Assistance with your training needs analysis to help identify your training and skills gaps and which apprenticeship standards would suit your business.
- Help finding strong motivated candidates with the option to advertise your vacancies for us to shortlist for you.
- A dedicated account manager who will support you and your apprentice from start to finish providing information, advice and regular feedback.
- Guidance and advice on how apprenticeships work and what your employer commitments are so that you can maximise benefits and minimise potential disruption.
- Regular updates via email and invitations to free employer events.
As of December 2017, we are one of only two London universities with government funding to train apprentices from non-levy paying employers. We have also been awarded a silver rating for teaching excellence under the Government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), with the panel highlighting that we deliver courses that are designed to give students skills and knowledge valued by employers.
Our range of apprenticeship standards
We have one of the widest ranges of higher and degree apprenticeships offered by any university. Focusing on higher and degree level in a range of subject areas: from healthcare to construction, through to business management and engineering. View our apprenticeship standards to find the right fit for you.
Our intensive day release programmes minimise the amount of time employees spend away from the workplace and offer the advantage of allowing employees to access peer support while they’re studying.
We’re committed to providing a high quality service and the specifics of this are part of the contract we sign with you and the apprentice. It includes our commitment to:
- Deliver high quality training and assessment, appropriate to the individual qualification requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Monitor through the review process the apprentices performance in training and ensure that the employer is involved in this process
- Raise concerns or issues the apprentice has in relation to the apprenticeship standard
- Deliver off-the job training and undertake the assessments required for the apprentice to complete the apprenticeship
- Advise employers on how to set up the Digital Apprenticeship Service account through our dedicated Apprenticeships Team
- Arrange End Point Assessments with an independent End Point Assessment organisation
20 June 2018Product of South Bank
21 June 2018Applied Science Experience Day
21 June 2018Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
22 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
22 June 2018Engineering Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
23 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
23 June 2018University Open Day
24 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018