Business advice services
If you have identified an area of the business mix that you need some support in, a particular problem that you want to solve, or an opportunity that you want to evaluate, the student-led Business Solutions Centre can help you.
The Business Solutions Centre is staffed by Student Advisers who have been through a comprehensive recruitment and training process. A member of LSBU staff will supervise the Advisers.
How it works
A consultation from the Centre is free and easy to arrange - simply follow these steps.
Typical business challenges
- How can I use Twitter to support business growth?
- How can I measure customer satisfaction?
- How can I evaluate the cost and benefit of new premises, or a new employee?
- How can I seek potential funding or resources?
- How can I be sure that my business model is working at optimal capacity?
Suggested solutions will be bespoke to your business, but may include:
- Consultancy projects delivered by students with appropriate expertise
- Internships or on-going paid employment, allowing our students to support your business from within
- Signposting to appropriate LSBU or other local services.
Areas of expertise
You can tap into the following expertise within the School of Business' academic staff and trained Student Advisers:
- Business law
- Tax and small business accounting
- E-business and e-commerce
- Forecasting and costing
- Access to finance
- Investment appraisal and risk management
- Intellectual property
- IT solutions
- Project management
- Marketing and social media
- Consumer behaviour and brand management
- Business development
Find out further information on LSBU's areas of business expertise.
19 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
20 June 2018Product of South Bank
21 June 2018Applied Science Experience Day
21 June 2018Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
22 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
22 June 2018Engineering Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
23 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
23 June 2018University Open Day
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018