Business advice services
If you have identified an area of the business mix that you need some support in, a particular problem that you want to solve, or an opportunity that you want to evaluate, the student-led Business Solutions Centre can help you.
The Business Solutions Centre is staffed by Student Advisers who have been through a comprehensive recruitment and training process. A member of LSBU staff will supervise the Advisers.
How it works
A consultation from the Centre is free and easy to arrange - simply follow these steps.
Typical business challenges
- How can I use Twitter to support business growth?
- How can I measure customer satisfaction?
- How can I evaluate the cost and benefit of new premises, or a new employee?
- How can I seek potential funding or resources?
- How can I be sure that my business model is working at optimal capacity?
Suggested solutions will be bespoke to your business, but may include:
- Consultancy projects delivered by students with appropriate expertise
- Internships or on-going paid employment, allowing our students to support your business from within
- Signposting to appropriate LSBU or other local services.
Areas of expertise
You can tap into the following expertise within the School of Business' academic staff and trained Student Advisers:
- Business law
- Tax and small business accounting
- E-business and e-commerce
- Forecasting and costing
- Access to finance
- Investment appraisal and risk management
- Intellectual property
- IT solutions
- Project management
- Marketing and social media
- Consumer behaviour and brand management
- Business development
Find out further information on LSBU's areas of business expertise.
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
6 March 2018What law firms and clients look for in trainee and junior lawyers
7 March 2018Engineering Experience Day
7 March 2018School of Business Employability Conference and Annual Careers evening
7 March 2018Creative customer communication networks: a strategic approach
7 March 2018Professor Matt Field: What has experimental psychology done for behavioural medicine?
7 March 2018Can we break down barriers in sport?
8 March 2018Research today: writing workshop for staff and PhD students
LSBU wins Accountancy College of the Year for second year running
21 February 2018
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018