Business advice services
If you have identified an area of the business mix that you need some support in, a particular problem that you want to solve, or an opportunity that you want to evaluate, the student-led Business Solutions Centre can help you.
The Business Solutions Centre is staffed by Student Advisers who have been through a comprehensive recruitment and training process. A member of LSBU staff will supervise the Advisers.
How it works
A consultation from the Centre is free and easy to arrange - simply follow these steps.
Typical business challenges
- How can I use Twitter to support business growth?
- How can I measure customer satisfaction?
- How can I evaluate the cost and benefit of new premises, or a new employee?
- How can I seek potential funding or resources?
- How can I be sure that my business model is working at optimal capacity?
Suggested solutions will be bespoke to your business, but may include:
- Consultancy projects delivered by students with appropriate expertise
- Internships or on-going paid employment, allowing our students to support your business from within
- Signposting to appropriate LSBU or other local services.
Areas of expertise
You can tap into the following expertise within the School of Business' academic staff and trained Student Advisers:
- Business law
- Tax and small business accounting
- E-business and e-commerce
- Forecasting and costing
- Access to finance
- Investment appraisal and risk management
- Intellectual property
- IT solutions
- Project management
- Marketing and social media
- Consumer behaviour and brand management
- Business development
Find out further information on LSBU's areas of business expertise.
24 April 2018Personal Branding by Student Enterprise
24 April 2018Alumni seminars: Integrated care
25 April 2018British Society of Bakers 2018 Spring Conference
25 April 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
26 April 2018Celebrate Enterprise
8 May 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
9 May 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
10 May 2018Before the NHS: Black Nurses in Britain 1881-1948
15 May 2018Alumni seminars: Alternative maternity care
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018
Digital communications with Andrew Mitchell from Brandmovers
9 March 2018