- The Academy has a long-standing partnership with Pulse Sports Therapy Services, which offers a range of physiotherapy and sports therapy services at the Academy's Therapy Clinic. For more information visit Therapy Services.
- Get Active London is a directory of Sports Activities that take place in and around London.
- England Rugby is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England and provides financial and coaching support to LSBU's Rugby Club, enabling the students to improve their skills and attend events. Additionally, LSBU and England Rugby co-fund a Rugby Development Officer position, providing coaching courses and other opportunities for students and staff. This includes O2 Touch Rugby sessions providing informal drop in sessions for LSBU students and the wider community to engage in the sport.
- We are a PayAsUGym partner here at the Academy of Sport. You can purchase vouchers on the website.
- Greenhouse Sports are a London-based charity, committed to using sport to help young Londoners realise their full potential. It contributes inspirational sports coaches to LSBU's Student Sports Programme and the University shares its sports facilities with the charity. The partnership focuses on the Academy's Basketball programme and Greenhouse Pioneers' Basketball Club.
- Silverfit is a charity that encourages people to regain or to maintain their lifelong fitness. They use LSBU Sports Ambassadors to run their sessions all over London and partner with the Academy and LSBU's Sports and Exercise Research Centre on a variety of projects. For further information visit Successful Launch of Silver Day at AOS and Silverfit
- PRO-ACTIVE Central London is one of five sub-regional sport and physical activity partnerships operating across Greater London with the aim of increasing regular participation in sport and physical activity across all sectors and communities.
- Interactive is the lead strategic development agency for sport and physical activity for disabled people in London. It's key role is to ensure that providers and policy makers understand and act upon their responsibility to be inclusive of people with disabilities.
- YMCA Awards British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) is the national governing body for Higher Education (HE) sport in the UK. LSBU has over 20 sports team as well as offering the Universal gym membership allowing access to BUCS affiliated gyms. Find out more.
- YMCA Awards is one of the UK's leading awarding organisations in the health, fitness and wellbeing sector.It develops and awards industry-leading qualifications to people in the health and fitness industry. The organisation currently accredits the majority of the Academy's fitness short courses.
- The Wright Foundation is a leading training provider to the Leisure Industry. They formulated the first medically led Exercise Referral Programme Qualification in conjunction with leading Medical and Physiological Professionals and Principal Universities. They currently run many of their courses at the Academy and are assisting it towards the Wright Foundation's Quality Mark Centre of Excellence.
Upcoming eventsView all events...
23 August 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
27 September 2018Dr Rami Ranger CBE Annual Enterprise Lecture
1 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of The Built Environment and Architecture; School of Engineering
6 October 2018University Open Day
15 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
19 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
20 October 2018A season of Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
Latest newsView all news...
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018
LSBU awarded Gold standard for supporting armed forces community
8 August 2018
Former MP and minister appointed University Chancellor
1 August 2018
Two student teams reach Engineering Design Challenge National Final
9 July 2018
LSBU academic chosen as one of the top figures in NHS history
3 July 2018
Academic wins award for pioneering research on kidney care
29 June 2018
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018