Estates is responsible for the management of the University's land and buildings. The department delivers many services, including management of planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance, minor improvement projects, capital developments, cleaning services, security and reception services, postal services, residential and catering services.
Our main areas of operation are:
- ensuring all campus buildings and service meet the needs of staff, students and visitors
- managing the university's assets, estates infrastructure and use of resources to minimise the effect on the environment
- delivering new build and refurbishment projects across the University Estates
- Managing use of space and developing space strategies for the future
- providing retails and hospitality services
- campus security and reception services
- corporate health and safety
Estates Service Desk
The Estates Service Desk is the first point of contact for all Estates enquiries, there to communicate between the department and the customer.
The service desk handles all Estates-related enquiries which include but are not limited to plumbing, carpentry, handymen work, electrical work, porter services, pest control, cleaning, waste disposal, furniture and room bookings.
It's here to:
- provide an informed and friendly service to the customer
- route all customer enquiries and emergency events to the appropriate person or team
- ensure calls, emails and in-person service requests, faults and complaints are logged and directed to the appropriate team or person.
- process, log and escalate customer complaints
Report a fault or cleaning issue
If you find fault with a facility or it requires cleaning attention please report it to the Reception Desk of any University building.
The Estates Service Desk is staffed from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
If there are any emergency requests out of hours please contact the Security Control Room on direct line 020 7815 6841 or ext. 6841.
Staff should report faults to the Estates Service Desk directly. The process of how to do this is explained on the Estates Service desk - staff intranet.
Car and cycle parking
LSBU does not have car parking available at either Southwark campus or Havering campus. We have cycle spaces on both campuses and are well served by public transport.
Campus security and reception services
Security and Reception Services work to provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors. They are available 24 hours a day and are responsible for:
- providing general security advice and guidance
- regular patrols of the campus
- monitoring alarms, CCTV and safety systems
- ID cards
- first aid
- investigating security incidents
- liaising with police and emergency services
Corporate Health and safety
Estates work to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students, staff and visitors.
Contact the Estates Department
Estates Service Desk:
- Tel: 020 7815 6800
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 020 7815 8219/6976
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
31 January 2019'Can FMCG brands disrupt market equilibrium by delivering new category users?
6 February 2019Special Olympics: A 50 Year Celebration
7 February 2019The value of information in a knowledge based and digital economy
8 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day One
9 February 2019Beyond the Console: Gender and Narrative Games - Day Two
14 February 2019Education Across the Divide Conference 2019: Creative and Innovative Approaches to Inclusive Education
14 February 2019Barriers against effective responses to early warning signs in projects
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018
Engineering students win big at the Engineering Sketches Prize
13 December 2018
Research project at LSBU takes coveted award
13 December 2018
London South Bank University’s new Passmore Centre will drive Apprenticeship delivery in Southwark
28 November 2018
£10,000 win for LSBU student’s water heating solution
14 November 2018
South Bank celebration marks Sir Simon Hughes becoming new Chancellor of LSBU
9 November 2018
LSBU professor awarded for major engineering management accomplishments
6 November 2018