Estates is responsible for the management of the University's land and buildings. The department delivers many services, including management of planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance, minor improvement projects, capital developments, cleaning services, security and reception services, postal services, residential and catering services.
Our main areas of operation are:
- ensuring all campus buildings and service meet the needs of staff, students and visitors
- managing the university's assets, estates infrastructure and use of resources to minimise the effect on the environment
- delivering new build and refurbishment projects across the University Estates
- Managing use of space and developing space strategies for the future
- providing retails and hospitality services
- campus security and reception services
- corporate health and safety
Estates Service Desk
The Estates Service Desk is the first point of contact for all Estates enquiries, there to communicate between the department and the customer.
The service desk handles all Estates-related enquiries which include but are not limited to plumbing, carpentry, handymen work, electrical work, porter services, pest control, cleaning, waste disposal, furniture and room bookings.
It's here to:
- provide an informed and friendly service to the customer
- route all customer enquiries and emergency events to the appropriate person or team
- ensure calls, emails and in-person service requests, faults and complaints are logged and directed to the appropriate team or person.
- process, log and escalate customer complaints
Report a fault or cleaning issue
If you find fault with a facility or it requires cleaning attention please report it to the Reception Desk of any University building.
The Estates Service Desk is staffed from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
If there are any emergency requests out of hours please contact the Security Control Room on direct line 020 7815 6841 or ext. 6841.
Staff should report faults to the Estates Service Desk directly. The process of how to do this is explained on the Estates Service desk - staff intranet.
Car and cycle parking
LSBU does not have car parking available at either Southwark campus or Havering campus. We have cycle spaces on both campuses and are well served by public transport.
Campus security and reception services
Security and Reception Services work to provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors. They are available 24 hours a day and are responsible for:
- providing general security advice and guidance
- regular patrols of the campus
- monitoring alarms, CCTV and safety systems
- ID cards
- first aid
- investigating security incidents
- liaising with police and emergency services
Corporate Health and safety
Estates work to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students, staff and visitors.
Contact the Estates Department
Estates Service Desk:
- Tel: 020 7815 6800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 020 7815 8219/6976
- Email: email@example.com
29 May 2018Alumni seminars: Technology and healthcare
5 June 2018This is not a fake conference!
6 June 2018The True Cost of Prison
7 June 2018H2drOp water percussion music - research performance
8 June 2018Five great minds
12 June 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
13 June 2018Tourism and animal welfare symposium
16 June 20181918 - 2018: 100 years of the women's vote in Britain: How far have we come?
19 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
20 June 2018Product of South Bank
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018
Enterprising solutions for a low carbon built environment presented at CIBSE conference 2018
25 April 2018
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018