Estates is responsible for the management of the University's land and buildings. The department delivers many services, including management of planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance, minor improvement projects, capital developments, cleaning services, security and reception services, postal services, residential and catering services.
Our main areas of operation are:
- ensuring all campus buildings and service meet the needs of staff, students and visitors
- managing the university's assets, estates infrastructure and use of resources to minimise the effect on the environment
- delivering new build and refurbishment projects across the University Estates
- Managing use of space and developing space strategies for the future
- providing retails and hospitality services
- campus security and reception services
- corporate health and safety
Estates Service Desk
The Estates Service Desk is the first point of contact for all Estates enquiries, there to communicate between the department and the customer.
The service desk handles all Estates-related enquiries which include but are not limited to plumbing, carpentry, handymen work, electrical work, porter services, pest control, cleaning, waste disposal, furniture and room bookings.
It's here to:
- provide an informed and friendly service to the customer
- route all customer enquiries and emergency events to the appropriate person or team
- ensure calls, emails and in-person service requests, faults and complaints are logged and directed to the appropriate team or person.
- process, log and escalate customer complaints
Report a fault or cleaning issue
If you find fault with a facility or it requires cleaning attention please report it to the Reception Desk of any University building.
The Estates Service Desk is staffed from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
If there are any emergency requests out of hours please contact the Security Control Room on direct line 020 7815 6841 or ext. 6841.
Staff should report faults to the Estates Service Desk directly. The process of how to do this is explained on the Estates Service desk - staff intranet.
Car and cycle parking
LSBU does not have car parking available at either Southwark campus or Havering campus. We have cycle spaces on both campuses and are well served by public transport.
Campus security and reception services
Security and Reception Services work to provide a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors. They are available 24 hours a day and are responsible for:
- providing general security advice and guidance
- regular patrols of the campus
- monitoring alarms, CCTV and safety systems
- ID cards
- first aid
- investigating security incidents
- liaising with police and emergency services
Corporate Health and safety
Estates work to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students, staff and visitors.
Contact the Estates Department
Estates Service Desk:
- Tel: 020 7815 6800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 020 7815 8219/6976
- Email: email@example.com
Ask a question
Tel: 0800 923 8888
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7815 6100Get in touch
21 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day one
21 February 2018LSBU Spring Festival Gala 2018
22 February 2018Egyptian International Student Fair - Day two
22 February 2018Research today: Atta Muhammad discusses corporate disclosure by banks
22 February 2018Domestic Abuse through the Life Course
24 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day one
25 February 2018World Education Fair Bucharest - Day two
27 February 2018Meet our inspiring Law division alumni
28 February 2018BSc (Hons) Product Design/BSc (Hons) Engineering Product Design Information Session
1 March 2018Research today: Dr John Opute discusses collective bargaining in Nigeria
LSBU is ranked tenth for diversity by top recruitment firm for 2017
13 February 2018
His Royal Highness The Duke of York officially opens South Bank Engineering University Training College
9 February 2018
LSBU's new Passmore Centre set to boost Southwark apprenticeships
7 February 2018
Peter Tatchell to speak at LSBU Global Panel discussion for LGBT Month
5 February 2018
LSBU University student wins national bursary for engineering talent
29 January 2018
Dynamic partnership with London South Bank University and the V & A proves a hit
24 January 2018
Professor David Nutt: Psychedelics and the 1960s mind
22 January 2018
LSBU hosts first Media Communications and Cultural Studies Association conference
13 January 2018
LSBU supports Southwark Council’s successful bid to regenerate Walworth heritage
12 January 2018