Centre for Research Informed Teaching
The Centre for Research Informed Teaching is committed to the enhancement and recognition of teaching excellence, innovation and curriculum development at London South Bank University. We bring together academic development, learning development and digitally-enhanced learning.
Our role includes:
- Supporting staff to gain recognition as Fellows of the Higher Education through our accredited ‘Achieve’ scheme.
- Working with staff to design and develop innovative curricula tailored to the needs of our students and aligned to the principles of the LSBU Educational Framework.
- Leading on the institutional strategy to embed learning development into curricula to support student success.
- Leading on the institutional strategy for digitally-enhanced learning and learning environment.
- Promoting scholarly teaching through sharing best practice and supporting pedagogic research.
- Providing professional development activities for staff at all stages of their career as educators.
We seek to build a community of expertise across the University, empowering staff at all levels to take responsibility for high quality, aspirational and inclusive learning experiences for all our students.
What is research informed teaching?
Our approach is underpinned by a commitment to research informed teaching. This means:
- Ensuring our courses are informed by current disciplinary and professional research.
- Embedding into our courses opportunities for all students to engage in research and enquiry.
- Promoting evidence-based practice so that all teaching and learning is informed by research and evaluation.
LSBU Educational Framework.
The Educational Framework at LSBU is a set of principles for course design and the wider student experience that articulate our commitment to the highest standards of academic knowledge and understanding applied to the challenges of the wider world.
We do this by supporting the development of:
- Courses that are informed by employer and industry needs as well as professional, statutory and regulatory body requirements.
- Embedded learning development for all students to scaffold their learning through the curriculum and engage in the specific writing and thinking requirements of their discipline and profession.
- High impact pedagogies that enable the development of student professional and vocational learning through application in industry-standard or authentic workplace contexts.
- Inclusive teaching, learning and assessment that enables all students to access and engage with their course.
- Assessment for learning that provides timely and formative feedback.
Dr Saranne Weller
Director of the Centre for Research Informed Teaching
19 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
20 June 2018Product of South Bank
21 June 2018Applied Science Experience Day
21 June 2018Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018The Working-Class Avant-Garde
22 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
22 June 2018Engineering Product Design Taster Day
22 June 2018Mechanical Engineering Taster Day
23 June 2018BA Photography End of Year Show
23 June 2018University Open Day
Ex-smokers might be better off with high rather than low nicotine e-cigs
18 June 2018
LSBU students provide solutions for the local business community
14 June 2018
Ground-breaking report shows gangs are more money than territory-orientated
5 June 2018
Another solid rise for LSBU in league tables
1 June 2018
LSBU wins Partnership of the Year with St Mungo’s at the Student Nursing Times Award 2018
21 May 2018
How black nurses were vital to our health service even before Windrush, a talk by Stephen Bourne
17 May 2018
Remodelling crowd medical services in the English football league, a study by LSBU and Millwall Football Club
4 May 2018
Product Design students deliver creative Airlander concepts
3 May 2018
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018