Registry is the hub for all student, applicant data and administrative processes at London South Bank University. We look after:
- appeals and academic integrity
- examinations and conferments
- student records
- student returns
Appeals and academic integrity
The Appeals Office deals with all student appeals against the decision of an Award and Progression Examination Board. We:
- receive appeal submissions
- investigate each new appeal as directed by the Appeals Panel
- act as the secretary to the Appeals Panel
- inform the appellant of the outcome of their appeal
The kinds of appeal dealt with by the Appeals Office are:
- appeals against the decision of an Award and Progression Examination Board;
- appeals against a penalty imposed for academic misconduct;
- appeals against the decision of an Extenuating Circumstances Panel.
If you are a current student and wish to make an appeal application, you must use the online application form available on our student portal, MyLSBU.
Examinations and conferments
The Exams and Conferments Office has three main areas of responsibility:
- examination administration: the office is responsible for examination timetabling and the processing and provision of exam papers and materials.
- conferments: the office is responsible for recording and processing final awards following examination award boards and for the production and provision of award certificates to students.
- after-care service to alumni: transcripts and letters confirming studies are provided on request to students who finished their studies more than one year ago.
The office provides a replacement certificate service to past students and is also responsible for responding to requests from third-parties such as recruitment and screening agencies who need to check the qualifications of a past student.
The main work of the Student Records Office includes:
- supporting users of the student record system
- developing systems and processes to improve student data and better support users
- capturing and maintaining accurate student and course data
- providing a reports service from the student record system
- maintaining curriculum
- maintaining the curriculum structure
The Student Returns Office submits mandatory data to the following external organisations:
26 April 2018Celebrate Enterprise
8 May 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
9 May 2018Postgraduate Open Evening
9 May 2018Professor Robert West: What good is the label 'addiction'?
10 May 2018Before the NHS: Black Nurses in Britain 1881-1948
15 May 2018Alumni seminars: Alternative maternity care
17 May 2018Social Entrepreneurship and Social Inclusion: Between Fact and Fiction’
22 May 2018CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
29 May 2018Alumni seminars: Technology and healthcare
12 June 2018Undergraduate – How to Apply Evening
London South Bank University enters top 100 League in Complete Universities Guide
25 April 2018
Parents attend Lambeth Careers Cluster Conference
19 April 2018
Global report ranks LSBU’s Clarence Centre in top 20 for business start-ups
11 April 2018
Local schools visit Southwark Careers Fair 2018
3 April 2018
Lambeth College resolves to join the LSBU Family
21 March 2018
180 young people from Lambeth schools and colleges attend Lambeth Apprenticeship conference 2018
14 March 2018
ERDF grants LSBU £1Million to support 80 food SMEs
13 March 2018
Addiction recovery techniques discussed at SMART Recovery conference, hosted by LSBU
13 March 2018
Annual careers evening with the School of Business
12 March 2018