Head of Computer Science and Informatics
Telephone:020 7815 7465
School/Division:Engineering / Computer Science and Informatics
Prof. Tasos Dagiuklasis a leading researcher and expert in the fields of Internet and multimedia technologies for smart cities, ambient assisted living, healthcare, and smart agriculture. He is the leader of the newly established SuITE (Smart Internet Technologies) research group at LSBU, where he also acts as the Head of Division in Computer Science.
Tasos received his Engineering Degree from the University of Patras, Greece, in 1989. He completed an MSc at the University of Manchester in 1991 and a PhD at the University of Essex-UK in 1995, all in Electrical Engineering. He has been a principal investigator, co-investigator, project and technical manager, coordinator and focal person of more than 20 internationally research and development and capacity training projects. with total funding of approximately £5m from different international organisations.
His research interests include open-based networking (software-defined network, network function virtualisation), FTV, 3DV, media optimisation across heterogeneous networks, quality of experience, virtual reality/augmented teality technologies and Cloud infrastructures and services. He has published more than 150 papers in these fields. His research has received more than 1150 citations by researchers (Google Scholar).
He has served as Vice-Chair for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Multimedia Communications Technical Committee (MMTC) Quality of Experience Working Group, and as Key Member for IEEE MMTC MSIG and 3DRPC WGs
Most recent publications
Shahzadi, S and Iqbal, M and Dagiuklas, T and Qayyum, Z Multi-Access Edge Computing: Open issues, Challenges and Future Perspective. Journal of Cloud Computing : Advances, Systems and Applications, 6. DOI 10.1186/s13677-017-0097-9
Kandris, D and Tselikis, G and Anastasiadis, E and Panaousis, E and Dagiuklas, T COALA: A Protocol for the Avoidance and Alleviation of Congestion in Wireless Sensor Networks. Sensors, 17. DOI 10.3390/s17112502
Dagiuklas, T and Bulkan, U Predicting Quality Of Experience For Online Video Systems Using Machine Learning. In: 19th IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, 16 October 2017 - 18 October 2017, Luton.
Chrysikos, T and Birkos, K and Dagiuklas, T and Kotsopoulos, S Wireless Information-Theoretic Security: Theoretical analysis & experimental measurements with multiple eavesdroppers in an outdoor obstacle-dense MANET. Physical Communication, DOI 10.1016/j.phycom.2016.11.003
Andriopoulou, F and Dagiuklas, T and Orphanoudakis, T Integrating IoT and Fog Computing for Healthcare Service Delivery. In: Components and Services for IoT Platforms: Paving the Way for IoT Standards. Springer, pp. 213-232. ISBN 9783319423043 DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-42304-3_11
Markakis, E and Lykourgiotis, A and Politis, I and Dagiuklas, T and Rebahi, Y EMYNOS: Next Generation Emergency Communication. IEE Communications Magazine, 55. 139-145.
Chrysikos, T and Galiotos, P and Dagiuklas, T and Kotsopoulos, S Techno-economic analysis for the deployment of PPDR services over 4G/4G+ Networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications and Multimedia, 25 Jul 2016 - 27 Jul 2016, Heraklion, Greece.
Galiotos, P and Anagnostopoulos, C and Dagiuklas, T and Kotsopoulos, S Non-Conforming Behavior Detection for VoIP-Based Network Systems. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications, 23 May 2016 - 27 May 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Charalampopoulos, G and Dagiuklas, T and Chrysikos, T V2I Applications in Highways: How RSU Dimensioning Can Improve Service Delivery. In: 2nd International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), 16 May 2016 - 18 May 2016, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Athanasopoulos, D and Politis, I and Lykourgiotis, A and Tselios, C and Dagiuklas, T End-to-end quality aware optimization for multimedia clouds. In: IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications and Multimedia, 25 Jul 2016 - 27 Jul 2016, Heraklion, Greece.More publications at LSBU Research Open
Prof. Daguiklas is serving as Associate Technical Editor for the IEEE Communications Magazine, and is Member of the Editorial Boards of EURASIP for image and video processing, and of ELSEVIER Signal Processing: Image Communications journals.
- Grecos, C., Dagiuklas, T., Fleury, M. & Kanellopoulos, D. "Multimedia networking for electronic commerce systems", Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, March 2015.
- Mavromoustakis, C., Shu, L., Dagiuklas, T. & Xiao, Y. "High Performance Mobile Opportunistic Systems", European Transaction on Telecommunications, August 2014.
- Dagiuklas, T., Chatzimisios, P., Atzori, L. & Wen Chen, C. "QoE in 2D/3D Video Systems", Elsevier Journal of Visual Communication and Signal Representation, April 2014.
- Daras, P., Martini, M. & Dagiuklas, T. "3D Video: Content Creation, Coding, Transmission and Rendering", IEEE MMTC E-letter Special Session, May 2013.
- Dagiuklas, T., Lin, W. & Ksentini, A. "QoE Aware Optimization in Mobile Networks", IEEE MMTC E-letter Special Session, March 2013.
- Martini, M., Chen, Z., Sun, L., Wen Chen, C., Dagiuklas, T. & Zhu, X. "QoE-Aware Wireless Multimedia Systems", IEEE Journal Selected Areas on Communications, August 2012.
- Atzori, L., Wen Chen, C., Dagiuklas, T., & Wu, H. R. "QoE management in emerging multimedia services", IEEE Communications Magazine, April 2012.
- Chatzimisios, P., Dagiuklas, T., Monteiro, E. & Kassler, A. J. "Convergence of Heterogeneous Wireless Systems in Future Internet", Springer Wireless Personal Communications, 2012.
- Dagiuklas, T., Martini, M., Demiris, A. & Anastasopoulos, G. "Healthcare Applications and Services in Converged Networking Environments" in International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications, 2010.
- Dagiuklas, T., Politis, C. & Rodriguez, J. "Resource and Mobility Management and Cross-Layer Design for the Support of Multimedia Services in Heterogeneous Emerging Wireless Networks", Springer Wireless Personal Communications Journal, 2009.
- Atzori, L., Dagiuklas, T. & Politis, C. "Multimedia over ad-hoc and sensor networks", ACM/Springer Journal on Mobile Networks and Applications, 2008.
- Dagiuklas, T. & Kotsopoulos, S. "Multimedia Transmission over Emerging Wireless Technologies", Hindawi Journal on Advances in Multimedia, 2007.
- Technical Program Co-Chair, IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications and Multimedia, TEMU, July 2016.
- Workshop Co-Chair, "Cloud-based Media", IEEE ICME, July 2015.
- Publications Chair, IEEE 7th International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX), May 2015.
- Technical Program Workshop Co-Chair on "Quality of Experience-based Management for Future Internet Applications and Services (QoE-FI)", IEEE ICC, June 2015.
- Technical Program Co-Chair, IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications and Multimedia, TEMU, July 2014.
- Workshop Co-Chair "Quality of Experience for Multimedia Communications (QoEMC 2013)", IEEE GLOBECOM, December 2012.
- Workshop Co-Chair "High Performance Mobile Opportunistic Systems", ACM MSWiM 2013, Barcelona, November 2013.
- Workshop Co-Chair "Immersive & Interactive Multimedia Communications over the Future Internet", IEEE ICC, Budapest, June 2013.
- Workshop Co-Chair on "Convergence among Heterogeneous Wireless Systems in Future Internet", IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, Madrid, June 2013.
- Workshop Co-Chair "Quality of Experience for Multimedia Communications", IEEE GLOBECOM, USA, December 2012.
- Technical Program Co-Chair, IEEE International Conference on Telecommunications and Multimedia (TEMU), July 2012.
- Workshop Co-Chair "Convergence among Heterogeneous Wireless Systems in Future Internet", IEEE ICC, Ottawa, Canada, June 2012.
- Workshop Co-Chair “Quality of Experience”, ICST Mobimedia, September 2011.
- Workshop Co-Chair “CONWIRE”, IEEE ICCCN, Zurich, Switzerland, August 2010.
- Technical Program Co-Chair IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Management of Multimedia and Mobile Networks and Services (MMNS), Samos, Greece, September 2008.