Senior Lecturer, Subject Group Leader in Sport and Exercise Science; Head of Human Sciences
Telephone:020 7815 7965
School/Division:Applied Sciences / Human Sciences
Steve studied human movement studies at Leeds Polytechnic from 1985-1988. He obtained an MPhil from Leeds metropolitan University (formally the polytechnic) in 1994. The focus of his MPhil research topic was the influence of low intensity exercise training on cardiovascular fitness, blood pressure and body composition.
The main focus of his teaching is exercise physiology. He teaches across a number of modules at all levels of the sport and exercise science degrees.
He is module leader for:-
- Exercise Physiology and Metabolism
- Ergogenic Strategies
- Physical Activity and Health
His research interests include:-
- Performance analysis and the demands of team performance
- Blood flow responses to interventions during protracted stasis
- Physiological responses and adaptations to hypoxia
- Physical activity and health
- BASES accredited exercise physiologist (support)
- Member of the British Association of Sport and Exercise Science