Chief Financial Officer
Telephone:0207 815 6301
Richard is a Chartered Director and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. He joined London South Bank University after many years specialising in audit and risk consulting services with Deloitte. Recognised as an expert on governance, risk and control, Richard worked closely with HEFCE in developing its risk management guidance, was a member of the Financial Reporting Council's public sector corporate governance working group and has spoken regularly at conferences. As CFO at LSBU, Richard has overall financial responsibility for the University and the other companies within the group.
Core skills and experience include:
- Taking an executive, leadership role on financial decision making
- Delivering a strong track record of improved financial performance
- Leading and directing finance functions, including all aspects of financial planning, control and reporting
- Implementing change to ensure continued financial viability and liquidity
- Providing robust challenge to financial plans/forecasts through external director / governor roles
- Governance, audit, risk management and internal control
- Financial input to capital development projects.
Richard is a Chartered Director and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.