Prof. Trudy Harpham
Telephone:020 7815 5756
School/Division:Law and Social Sciences / Social Sciences
Prof. Trudy Harpham has worked in a number of research roles within social studies. Her research is based on urban policy development, planning, monitoring and evaluating urban health projects in developing countries.
- 1994-Present: Professor of Urban Development and Policy at London South Bank University.
- 1984-1994: Research Fellow, Lecturer then Senior Lecturer at Health Policy Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- 1982-1994: Research Associate at World Fertility Survey (WFS), International Statistical Institute, Analysis and Assessment Division.
- 1981-1982: Research Officer at University of Oxford, Social Studies Department.
- 1978-1981: Research Demonstrator at University of Keele, Department of Geography
Professor Harpham's main research interests are in the following fields:
- Urban policy development, planning, monitoring and evaluating urban health projects in developing countries
- Research into urban health services and environmental health
- Complementary use of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Project appraisal
- Training health professionals
- Household survey methods
- Mental health research