Head of Business Partnerships and Employment Outcomes; Course Director, MSc Marketing
Telephone:020 7815 8102
School/Division:Business / Management, Marketing and People
Mel is the course director for the MSc Marketing programme. She teaches a range of subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level including International Brand Management, Managing the Offer and Contemporary Marketing. She is a member of the University Student Experience Committee.
Prior to LSBU, Mel worked in the computing and data-comms industry in product management and marketing management roles. She helped launch the first public email systems available in the UK and has also undertaken consultancy work with both large firms and small organisations covering all aspects of marketing.
Mel coordinates and delivers the International Summer Schools in London programme for Euro FH.
Mel is a recipient of the 2014 National Team Teaching Award from the Academy of Marketing. She teaches on the following modules:
- Managing the Product
- International Product and Brand Management
- New Product Development
- Brand Management
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Managing the Marketing Function
Mel's current research activities consist of:
- Doctoral research for Doctor of Business Administration: Product Portfolio Management within Higher Education Institutions
- Consumer Behaviour (buyers of luxury; children and adult children as part of the family consumption process)