Senior Lecturer - Adult Nursing
Telephone:020 7815 6174
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Adult Nursing and Midwifery
Martina O'Brien started her Higher Education academic career as a senior lecturer at LSBU in the School of Health and Social Care. She has also worked in the pre-registration adult nursing programmes.
More recently, in 2012 she took on the additional role as the course director for the Postgraduate Diploma in Adult Nursing programme. Her nursing career has seen her working in a variety of surgical specialities, and it was whilst working as a Practice Development Nurse that inspired Martina to take her career into the teaching of student nurses in higher education.
Martina teaches on a variety of modules across the pre-registration nursing curriculum.
She is also the module/deputy module leader for the following modules:
- Medicines Management 1 - 2nd year module
- Consolidation of Adult Nursing - 3rd year module
- Leadership and Management - 3rd year module
She is a member of the teaching teams for the following:
- Practice Skills for Nursing - 1st year module
- Life Sciences and Medicines Management - 2nd year module
- Clinical Skills teaching - 1st, 2nd and 3rd years