Senior Lecturer in Mental Health and Learning Disabilities
Telephone:020 7815 8460
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Mental Health and Learning Disability
Jo is a learning disability nurse with a special interest in autism and working with distressed and challenging behaviour. Jo has worked in and managed serviced for people with autism and complex behaviours, as well as in forensic learning disability services.
Jo also has a keen interest in leadership and management, and delivers education programmes in this area as well as in autism, and learning disability issues. Jo also teaches biosciences and physiology to undergraduate nurses.
- Biosciences and applied physiology for nurses
- Learning disability issues including:
- Health assessment and health inequality
- Supporting people with complex needs
- Mental health in learning disability
- Supporting people with challenging behaviour and positive behaviour supports
- Autistic conditions
Jo leads on the CPPD activities and enterprise initiatives for mental health and learning disabilities.
She is leading on projects and bespoke programmes of work commissioned by our external service and industry partners.