Dr Vincent Siyau
Course Director, Advanced Telecommunications and Networks Engineering
Telephone:020 7815 7507
School/Division:Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Vincent joined LSBU in 2004. He completed his PhD from Cranfield University. His teaching includes modules related to wireless communication systems, channel propagations, adaptive modulations, channel codings and computer networking in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. His research focuses on wireless signal processing, MIMO/OFDM communications, channel estimation and tracking, multi-target tracking and cross layer optimisation.
Vincent teaches on the following modules:
- Introduction to Communication Systems and Networks (Level 5)
- Fundamental of Communications Theories and Transmission Channels (Level 5)
- Circuit, Signals and Systems (level-5)
- Analogue, Digital and Wireless Communication Systems (Levels 6)
- RF Systems ((Level 6)
- IP-Based Communication Networks (Level 7)
- Data Communication Theory and Coding (Level 7)
- Smart Receiver and Transmission Techniques (Level 7)
Research interests and activities: Future (5G) generation wireless communications systems, Intelligent Beamforming techniques in Massive MIMO communications, adaptive and new modulation techniques, channels estimation and tracking techniques, multiple target trackings and cross-layer network optimisation.
External examiner for PhD viva, for Cranfield University (2008) and for Brunel University (2007).