Dr Paul Klimo
Telephone:020 7815 7579
School/Division:Engineering / Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Paul is Course Director of MSc Mechatronics, Robotics and Embedded Systems, as well as teaching in the undergraduate portfolio. Paul's teaching includes modules relating to digital, analogue, RF as well as microprocessors, his research focuses on embedded systems and instrumentation control and he is the European Coordinator for Student Exchanges.
He is an Electronic Engineer with over 15 years practice in Petrochemical industry, during which time he has been member of many national committees, including that of the British Standard Institution (BSI) and the Engineering Research Council (ERC).
He practices and lectures on hardware and software aspects of Embedded Systems. His expertise is in the field of design of Microcontroller based Systems, including the System on Chip (SOC) designs implemented on FPGAs.
His research focuses on embedded systems and instrumentation control. He is the European Coordinator for Student Exchanges
Paul teaches on the following modules:
- HND Project (Level 4)
- Microprocessor Systems (Level 4)
- Digital Electronics (Level 5)
- Microprocessors and PLCs (Level 5)
- Advanced Digital Electronics (Level 6)
- RF Systems (Level 6)
- Design of Microcontroller Based Systems (Level 7)
- Design of SOPC Systems (Level 7)
- Microprocessors and Robotics (Level 7)
- Digital Design using FPGA
- Use of Microcontrollers for Industrial Control