Dr Mahmood Datoo
Head of Civil and Building Services Engineering
Telephone:020 7815 7388
School/Division:Built Environment and Architecture / Civil and Building Services Engineering
Dr Datoo teaches undergraduates and postgraduates in Structural Analysis and Finite Element Modelling.
Dr Datoo's research interests include the structural, stress analysis and finite element modelling of thin-walled structures. He is also interested in stress analysis of advanced composites.
- Registered with Engineering Council (CEng)
- Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (MRAeS)
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE)
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
Dr Datoo has a keen interest in Islamic history, specialising in the period of Prophet Muhammad’s lifetime, and fifty years on (570-680 AD). He lectures at Islamic Centres, mostly in the UK and USA, and has authored three books on the subject.