Dr Gordon Lowry
Telephone:020 7815 7214
School/Division:Built Environment and Architecture / Civil and Building Services Engineering
Dr Gordon Lowry is a Associate Professor and the Course Director for MSc Building Services Engineering and MSc Sustainable Energy Systems. He has particular interests in electrical building services engineering, daylight modelling and the utilisation of building management systems in the analysis of building energy performance.
Dr Lowry's teaching interests cover lighting design and electrical power systems in buildings, including the integration of renewable energy sources.
Level 4 (Year 2)
- Internal Environment and Comfort (Lighting)
Level 6 (Year 3)
- Lighting and Electrical Systems
- Energy Management and Controls
Level 7 (MSc)
- Electrical Power; Thermal Environment, Acoustics and Lighting
Most recent publications
Lowry, GD Day-ahead forecasting of grid carbon intensity in support of HVAC plant demand response decision-making to reduce carbon emissions. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, DOI 10.1177/0143624418774738
Lowry, GD A comparison of metrics proposed for circadian lighting and the criterion adopted in the WELL Building Standard.. In: CIBSE Technical Symposium, Stretching the Envelope, 12 April 2018 - 13 April 2018, London South Bank University, London.
Lowry, GD Energy saving claims for lighting controls in commercial buildings. Energy and Buildings, 133. 489-497. DOI 10.1016/j.enbuild.2016.10.003
De Grussa, Z and Andrews, D and Newton, E and Lowry, GD and Chalk, A and Bush, D A Literature Review Outlining the Importance of Blinds and Shutters as a Sustainable Asset that has the Potential to enhance the Productivity of Occupants in the UK. In: Going North for Sustainability Doctoral Workshop ARCOM / CHOBE, 30 June 2016, London South Bank University, London.More publications at LSBU Research Open
- Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology since 1989
- Fellow of the Energy Institute since 2010
- Energy Institute, Approval and Accreditation Panel member
- Energy Institute, Chair of Individual Case Procedure Panel
- Reviewer for Building Services Engineering Research and Technology Journal
- External examiner, Lighting Education Trust Diploma in Lighting