Dr Adéle Stewart-Lord
Telephone:020 7815 7931
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Allied Health Sciences
Dr. Adéle Stewart-Lord originally trained as both a diagnostic and therapeutic radiographer, and spent the last twelve years working in Higher Education in London. She is Professional Lead for Therapeutic Radiography at London South Bank University. Areas of teaching speciality includes anatomy and physiology, imaging specifically in relation to cross sectional anatomy, treatment planning clinical skill development and practical sessions involving VERT. Her post-doctoral research in collaboration with clinical stakeholders include a range of topic areas such as Allied Health Professions Advanced Practice, Coaching & Mentoring and VERT (Virtual Education for Radiotherapy Training).
Dr Stewart-Lord's pre-registration therapeutic radiography teaching includes: anatomy and physiology, Imaging specifically in relation to cross sectional anatomy; treatment planning clinical skill development and practical sessions involving VERT.
Her teaching in post-registration therapeutic radiography includes: CT and MRI for therapeutic radiographers; Service delivery and resource management, as well as MSc supervision. Her post-registration Research in Health and Social Care across a range of postgraduate professional health courses.
Dr Stewart-Lord's professional doctorate teaching includes: module lead responsibilities for Research Principles (level 7) and The Doctoral Research Proposal and Ethics (level 8).
Research studies in collaboration with our NHS partners. Most recent are listed below:
- Project Plan: ADAPT - Health Education England (HEE) Allied Health Professional (AHP)Transformation Project (funded by HEE) Project lead 2017 - current
- Project title: The utilisation of VERT™ in the education and training of 3D cross sectional anatomy for radiotherapy students. 2017 – current
- Project title: The exploration of VERT™IGRT as teaching and assessment tool for image matching competency within the radiotherapy clinical setting.
- Project title: The utilisation of a Virtual Environment for Radiotherapy Training (VERT) in patient information giving sessions prior to the delivery of external beam radiotherapy BHRT 2014 – 2016
- Project title: Determining the value of the Coaching and Mentoring Programme within Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust 2014 – 2015
Most recent publications
Stewart-Lord, A and Baillie, LJ and Woods, S Health care staff perceptions of a coaching and mentoring programme: a qualitative case study evaluation. International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, 15. 70-85.
Stewart-Lord, A and Brown, M and Noor, S and Cook, J and Jallow, O The utilisation of virtual images in patient information giving sessions for prostate cancer patients prior to radiotherapy. Radiography, 22. 269-273. DOI 10.1016/j.radi.2016.05.002
Stewart-Lord, A From education to research: A journey of utilising virtual training. Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice, 15. 85-90. DOI 10.1017/S1460396916000030
Stewart-Lord, A and Ballinger, C and McLaren, SM Assistant Practitioners (APs) in radiography: An exploration of perceptions and experiences related to role development. Radiography, 20. 137-142. DOI 10.1016/j.radi.2013.11.001
Stewart-Lord, A Training and development of the Assistant Practitioners (APs) in radiography. Radiography, 20. 36-41. DOI 10.1016/j.radi.2013.08.003
Stewart-Lord, A and Ahmed, S and Aldridge, L and Calvete, R and Downes, EL and Greenland, K and Kent-Smith, A and Knapp-Tabbernor, K and Krishan, A and Shaykhoun, S Debating the use of Arc therapy and Tomotherapy. Synergy: imaging and therapy practice. The Society and College of Radiographers, 28-30.
Stewart-Lord, A and McLaren, SM and Ballinger, C Assistant practitioners (APs) perceptions of their developing role and practice in radiography: Results from a national survey. Radiography, 17. 193-200. DOI 10.1016/j.radi.2011.02.006More publications at LSBU Research Open
- Society and College of Radiographers Member
- Health and Care Professions Council Radiographer
- Higher Education Academy Fellow
- Department of Health e-learning Advances in Radiotherapy Member of Editorial team
- Assessor - Society and College of Radiographers UK.
- External Examiner University of Hertfordshire