Associate Professor - Sport Rehabilitation
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Allied Health Sciences
Clare is an Associate Professor in Sport Rehabilitation. She is a Chartered Physiotherapist who specialises in Sports Medicine, including Immediate Care following Sports Trauma, Rehabilitation from sports injuries, Concussion and Womens Sport.
Clare has been teaching Physiotherapy and Sport Rehabilitation at undergraduate and post graduate levels for 15 years, but maintains a large clinical caseload across many sports including elite level. Clare was one of two physiotherapists looking after the Referees for the Rugby World Cup in the UK in 2015. She was contracted for over four years (on a part time basis while teaching) to the EIS to work for British Triathlon and Para Triathlon athletes who were based in Sussex.
Clare has been part of the medical team for the Invictus Games since 2014 and is the Lead Physiotherapist for the 2018 cycle- she will be in Sydney with Team UK in October for the Games.
Clare is currently teaching across the BSc (Hons) and Integrated Masters in Sport Rehabilitation at LSBU.
Clare is currently studying for a Professional Doctorate in Physiotherapy.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
- Member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Associate member of the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Authority
- Member of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sport and Exercise Medicine (ACPSEM) and is a Gold Accredited Sports Physiotherapist
- External Examiner for Cardiff University BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Reviewer for the International Journal of Sports Physiotherapy