Associate Professor - Sport Rehabilitation
School/Division:Health and Social Care / Allied Health Sciences
Clare is an Associate Professor in Sport Rehabilitation. She is a Chartered Physiotherapist who specialises in Sports Medicine, including Immediate Care following Sports Trauma, Rehabilitation from sports injuries, Concussion and Womens Sport.
Clare has been teaching physiotherapy and sport rehabilitation for 14 years, but she has vast experience in the clinical setting and continues to maintain a large clinical caseload. Although no longer affiliated to a particular rugby club exclusively, her Immediate Care in Sport Level 3 qualification means she may be pitch-side at weekends. Clare was one of two physiotherapists contracted to the Rugby World Cup in 2015 to look after the match officials for the whole tournament. For the last two years she has been pitch-side for the NatWest Schools Cup semi finals at Allianz Park and last year the finals at Twickenham.
Clare was contracted for over four years (on a part time basis while teaching) to the EIS to work for British Triathlon and Para Triathlon athletes who were based in Sussex.
Clare is delighted and extremely honoured to be a member of the medical team supporting the Invictus Games athletes for the next three years. She was an event physiotherapist for the first ever Invictus Games in London in 2014 and was recently in Bath with the GB athletes for the Toronto trials.
Clare teaches across the Sport Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy courses. She specialises in teaching Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Special Populations and Upper Quadrant Sports injuries including concussion
Clare is currently researching concussion in womens sport.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP)
- Member of the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Associate member of the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT)
- Member of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Member of the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sport and Exercise Medicine (ACPSEM) and is a Gold Accredited Sports Physiotherapist
- External Examiner for Cardiff University BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Reviewer for the International Journal of Sports Physiotherapy