Senior Lecturer and Course Director
Telephone:020 7815 7835
School/Division:Business / Management, Marketing and People
Chrissie Oldfield is Course Director for the XMPA Teaching Team. In the Prospect Awards, November 2014, her team were highly commended and awarded a runner-up national award for Best Postgraduate Teaching Team in the subject area of Business and Social Science.
She has achieved an Outstanding Contribution Award from the Chartered Management Institute for Leadership, Contribution and Dedicated Service.
Her article co-written with Margaret Paige and Birgit Ustad "Why Not Teach Diversity" received the Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence – Highly Commended Award Winner 2009.
Chrissie is Course Director for the Executive MPA, MPA and the PG Diploma in Pubic Leadership.
Chrissie's areas of academic expertise include:
- Public management and policy
- Employment law
- Employment relations
- Equality, diversity and discrimination
Chrissie is interested in teaching and developing public administration for mature professionals, and issues around equality, diversity and discrimination.
Chrissie is a long-standing member of the Copenhagen Forum, a research group looking at the development of public management education. She is a member of the International Research Society for Public Managers and previously a member of the European Group of Public Administration.
- Institute of Employment Rights
- Industrial Law Society
- Chartered Management Institute
- British Universities Industrial Relations Association
- Fawcett Society
- Committee Member of Joint University Council of Public Administration
- Member of the University of Warwick Public Sector Forum
- Appointed Member of the Employment Tribunals for England and Wales
- Member of the Race Discrimination Panel