Telephone:020 7815 7649
School/Division:Built Environment and Architecture / Civil and Building Services Engineering
Simon is a Senior Lecturer in the Division of Civil and Building Services Engineering, under the School of Built Environment and Architecture. His background and expertise is in Structural Engineering. He is a chartered structural engineering with a wealth of industrial experience in engineering consultancies in London. He was previously responsible for the design and delivery of projects varying in size and complexity across residential, commercial and education sectors in London. He joined LSBU as Senior Lecturer in Structural Design in 2017 and his primary focus is on education by adopting new technologies in the construction industry.
Simon first graduated from University College London (UCL) with a Bachelor's of Engineering in Civil Engineering. He was then received a Master of Science degree in Structural Engineering from Imperial College London. He was then awarded a Master of Research Degree in Urban Sustainability and Resilience from UCL.
Simon is passionate about education and encourage students to become the next generation of engineers. He teaches modules on both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, including:
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering | Year 2 | Design of Elements
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering & BSc (Hons) Architectural Engineering | Year 3 | Structures and Design
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering & BSc (Hons) Architectural Engineering | Year 3 | Group Design Project and PD
- BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering & BSc (Hons) Architectural Engineering | Year 3 | Forensic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering | Year 3 | Individual Research Projects
- MSc Structural Engineering | Advanced Structural Design
Simon's research is focused on the latest advancement in the construction industry. His research interests have two broad areas: Robotics and Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR).
Simon is a chartered structural engineer with the following professional affiliations:
- Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Member of the Institution of Engineers of Ireland (IEI)
- Chartered Engineer in the Engineering Council
He is currently appointed as the Hon. Secretary for the IStructE North Thames Regional Group committee and a committee member of the ICE London region.