Graduate entrepreneurs develop their growing start-ups
A new cohort of alumni entrepreneurs are developing their businesses through London South Bank University’s Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme
London South Bank University (LSBU) is proud to present the seven graduates who have been successful in securing a place on the Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme.
Run by LSBU’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute, the scheme gives alumni the opportunity to develop their business idea or early stage start-up through access to funding, mentoring and office space. The entrepreneurs also gain access to professional networks and attend workshops led by some of LSBU’s Entrepreneurs in Residence.
The Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme is just one of the ways LSBU supports entrepreneurial graduates. Our extra-curricular activities and curriculum sessions saw the University awarded Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the 2016 Times Higher Education Awards.
Meet our graduate entrepreneurs:
- Chris Underdown
- BA (Hons) Music and Sonic Media graduate Chris is the co-founder of Code & Wander, an adventurous and ambitious digital product studio. Code & Wander create meaningful products and experiences for start-ups, brands and themselves, with products ranging from apps and websites to bespoke software for clients.
- Sandrine Galbert
- BA (Hons) Business Studies graduate Sandrine is the founder of MACOB.org, a company aiming to regroup all Caribbean vendors of authentic artisanal and/or handmade products/cosmetics to a sole marketplace. It offers a large cliental, keen to purchase exotic and unique products from around the world.
- Daniel Walters
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science graduate Daniel is the co-founder of The Walters School of Taekwondo alongside Shakira Gabriel-Lovell. The school is a full-time Taekwondo club and martial-arts hub serving the local community. The aim is to coach, inspire and develop new pathways for young people in competitive sport, coaching and officiating.
- Emilie Mendy
- BA (Hons) Arts and Festival Management graduate Emilie is the founder of Bizzie Bodies, a Community Interest Company working with 5-11 year olds who would otherwise have minimal access to creative learning opportunities outside of school. The aim is to facilitate social inclusion in multi-cultural societies by learning languages through creative learning.
- Nana Araba Koomson
- MSc Marketing graduate Nana is the founder of Ethic Digital, a digital communication agency working with small charities. The aim is to help charities thrive in a digital world to maximise their social impact through digital technology. Ethic Digital specialises in web development and social media.
- Neha Sheth
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion graduate Neha is the founder of Neha After Meal Digestive Ltd, a provider of high quality after-meal digestives in the UK. After-meal digestives are an integral part of Asian meals, acting as a digestive aid and a mouth freshener. Working initially with small retailers, grocery stores and local Asian restaurants, Neha will soon be approaching wholesalers and selling her products online.
- Alessia Sannazzaro
- Soon after graduating with a Masters in Engineering Design and Innovation from Goldsmiths University, Alessia co-founded Choosic, an award-winning music discovery app. Since working for a digital agency she has supported top brands to create digital products and strategies. She recently co-founded Code & Wander with Chris Underdown.
LSBU celebrates wealth of local business talent at Southwark Business Awards Gala Finale
18 June 2019
Creative Technologies students celebrate work at End of Year Show
14 June 2019
LSBU’s Professor Alison Leary awarded MBE in Queen's Birthday Honours List 2019
14 June 2019
Lauren Webster, student at LSBU, wins at Women in Property Awards for the South East
12 June 2019
Ten place rise for LSBU in the Guardian League Table 2020
11 June 2019
Associate nursing professor at LSBU awarded place on 70@70 leadership programme
4 June 2019
Law student at LSBU wins double scholarship from the Honourable Society of Inner Temple
17 May 2019
LSBU hosts British Journalism Training Council conference
15 May 2019
London South Bank University supports MillionPlus #ThinkModern campaign
14 May 2019
24 June 2019Information Evening: International Human Resources Management
25 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Private Viewing too Architecture Exhibition 2019
26 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 1
26 June 2019Open borders in Europe: current challenges from migration and from terrorism … working towards solutions
26 June 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
26 June 2019'Citizenship, Nation-Building and Identity in the EU' - Book Launch and Reception
27 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 2
27 June 2019Stock Market Integration between the UK and the US: Evidence over eight decades
28 June 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 3
1 July 2019Architecture Exhibition 2019 - Day 4