Graduate entrepreneurs develop their growing start-ups
A new cohort of alumni entrepreneurs are developing their businesses through London South Bank University’s Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme
London South Bank University (LSBU) is proud to present the seven graduates who have been successful in securing a place on the Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme.
Run by LSBU’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute, the scheme gives alumni the opportunity to develop their business idea or early stage start-up through access to funding, mentoring and office space. The entrepreneurs also gain access to professional networks and attend workshops led by some of LSBU’s Entrepreneurs in Residence.
The Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme is just one of the ways LSBU supports entrepreneurial graduates. Our extra-curricular activities and curriculum sessions saw the University awarded Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the 2016 Times Higher Education Awards.
Meet our graduate entrepreneurs:
- Chris Underdown
- BA (Hons) Music and Sonic Media graduate Chris is the co-founder of Code & Wander, an adventurous and ambitious digital product studio. Code & Wander create meaningful products and experiences for start-ups, brands and themselves, with products ranging from apps and websites to bespoke software for clients.
- Sandrine Galbert
- BA (Hons) Business Studies graduate Sandrine is the founder of MACOB.org, a company aiming to regroup all Caribbean vendors of authentic artisanal and/or handmade products/cosmetics to a sole marketplace. It offers a large cliental, keen to purchase exotic and unique products from around the world.
- Daniel Walters
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science graduate Daniel is the co-founder of The Walters School of Taekwondo alongside Shakira Gabriel-Lovell. The school is a full-time Taekwondo club and martial-arts hub serving the local community. The aim is to coach, inspire and develop new pathways for young people in competitive sport, coaching and officiating.
- Emilie Mendy
- BA (Hons) Arts and Festival Management graduate Emilie is the founder of Bizzie Bodies, a Community Interest Company working with 5-11 year olds who would otherwise have minimal access to creative learning opportunities outside of school. The aim is to facilitate social inclusion in multi-cultural societies by learning languages through creative learning.
- Nana Araba Koomson
- MSc Marketing graduate Nana is the founder of Ethic Digital, a digital communication agency working with small charities. The aim is to help charities thrive in a digital world to maximise their social impact through digital technology. Ethic Digital specialises in web development and social media.
- Neha Sheth
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion graduate Neha is the founder of Neha After Meal Digestive Ltd, a provider of high quality after-meal digestives in the UK. After-meal digestives are an integral part of Asian meals, acting as a digestive aid and a mouth freshener. Working initially with small retailers, grocery stores and local Asian restaurants, Neha will soon be approaching wholesalers and selling her products online.
- Alessia Sannazzaro
- Soon after graduating with a Masters in Engineering Design and Innovation from Goldsmiths University, Alessia co-founded Choosic, an award-winning music discovery app. Since working for a digital agency she has supported top brands to create digital products and strategies. She recently co-founded Code & Wander with Chris Underdown.
Hollywood actor David Oyelowo awarded honorary doctorate by London South Bank University
15 October 2018
LSBU’s Clarence Centre celebrates five years supporting university and industry collaboration
27 September 2018
LSBU wins ‘University of the Year for Graduate Employment’ for an unprecedented second year running
24 September 2018
London South Bank University wins national awards for teaching excellence
17 September 2018
Law students reach finals weekend in national competition
30 August 2018
London South Bank first UK University to offer Architecture Degree Apprenticeships
24 August 2018
Level 4 and 5 qualifications vital to fill national skills gap, says LSBU's Vice-Chancellor
23 August 2018
Lambeth College joins LSBU
22 August 2018
LSBU experts conclude that Heliport noise could be a danger to health
14 August 2018
25 October 2018London Primary Care Quality Academy Workshop
29 October 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Business
30 October 2018Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day
31 October 2018Extended Project Support Programme
5 November 2018Graduation Ceremony - School of Health and Social Care
8 November 2018'ResearchToday!' Curiosity in the experiential consumption of the unknown
10 November 2018University Open Day
14 November 2018Arts and Creative Industries Experience Day
14 November 2018Autistic Entrepreneurs: Research and Practice Today
14 November 2018Trans-inclusion in H.E.