Graduate entrepreneurs develop their growing start-ups
A new cohort of alumni entrepreneurs are developing their businesses through London South Bank University’s Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme
London South Bank University (LSBU) is proud to present the seven graduates who have been successful in securing a place on the Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme.
Run by LSBU’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute, the scheme gives alumni the opportunity to develop their business idea or early stage start-up through access to funding, mentoring and office space. The entrepreneurs also gain access to professional networks and attend workshops led by some of LSBU’s Entrepreneurs in Residence.
The Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme is just one of the ways LSBU supports entrepreneurial graduates. Our extra-curricular activities and curriculum sessions saw the University awarded Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the 2016 Times Higher Education Awards.
Meet our graduate entrepreneurs:
- Chris Underdown
- BA (Hons) Music and Sonic Media graduate Chris is the co-founder of Code & Wander, an adventurous and ambitious digital product studio. Code & Wander create meaningful products and experiences for start-ups, brands and themselves, with products ranging from apps and websites to bespoke software for clients.
- Sandrine Galbert
- BA (Hons) Business Studies graduate Sandrine is the founder of MACOB.org, a company aiming to regroup all Caribbean vendors of authentic artisanal and/or handmade products/cosmetics to a sole marketplace. It offers a large cliental, keen to purchase exotic and unique products from around the world.
- Daniel Walters
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science graduate Daniel is the co-founder of The Walters School of Taekwondo alongside Shakira Gabriel-Lovell. The school is a full-time Taekwondo club and martial-arts hub serving the local community. The aim is to coach, inspire and develop new pathways for young people in competitive sport, coaching and officiating.
- Emilie Mendy
- BA (Hons) Arts and Festival Management graduate Emilie is the founder of Bizzie Bodies, a Community Interest Company working with 5-11 year olds who would otherwise have minimal access to creative learning opportunities outside of school. The aim is to facilitate social inclusion in multi-cultural societies by learning languages through creative learning.
- Nana Araba Koomson
- MSc Marketing graduate Nana is the founder of Ethic Digital, a digital communication agency working with small charities. The aim is to help charities thrive in a digital world to maximise their social impact through digital technology. Ethic Digital specialises in web development and social media.
- Neha Sheth
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion graduate Neha is the founder of Neha After Meal Digestive Ltd, a provider of high quality after-meal digestives in the UK. After-meal digestives are an integral part of Asian meals, acting as a digestive aid and a mouth freshener. Working initially with small retailers, grocery stores and local Asian restaurants, Neha will soon be approaching wholesalers and selling her products online.
- Alessia Sannazzaro
- Soon after graduating with a Masters in Engineering Design and Innovation from Goldsmiths University, Alessia co-founded Choosic, an award-winning music discovery app. Since working for a digital agency she has supported top brands to create digital products and strategies. She recently co-founded Code & Wander with Chris Underdown.
Engineering student wins award for London’s best robot
12 April 2019
Chris Skidmore, Minister of State for Universities, visits LSBU’s School of Arts and Creative Industries
10 April 2019
LSBU Journalism students launch 'Paint London Green' anti-air pollution campaign
10 April 2019
LSBU ranks in top 200 universities globally for social impact
5 April 2019
LSBU publishes gender pay gap 2019 report
29 March 2019
LSBU Bus Venture Crawl 2019
28 March 2019
Smart Energy Network study launches at London South Bank University
27 March 2019
Dr Charles Graham visits Landor - the leading global brand consultancy
26 March 2019
LSBU Women's Netball team win university league
20 March 2019
24 April 2019Two day workshop on sustainable biodiesel production
26 April 2019LGBT+ Sports Fair 2019
2 May 2019Celebration of 50 Years of Accredited Planning Education at LSBU
8 May 2019Postgraduate Open Evening
9 May 2019Film Screening: The Psychosis of Whiteness with Director Q&A
31 May 2019LSBU Project Management Conference - Bridging the gap between theory and practice
13 June 2019Breast screening for people with learning disabilities
22 June 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences