Graduate entrepreneurs develop their growing start-ups
A new cohort of alumni entrepreneurs are developing their businesses through London South Bank University’s Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme
London South Bank University (LSBU) is proud to present the seven graduates who have been successful in securing a place on the Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme.
Run by LSBU’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute, the scheme gives alumni the opportunity to develop their business idea or early stage start-up through access to funding, mentoring and office space. The entrepreneurs also gain access to professional networks and attend workshops led by some of LSBU’s Entrepreneurs in Residence.
The Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme is just one of the ways LSBU supports entrepreneurial graduates. Our extra-curricular activities and curriculum sessions saw the University awarded Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the 2016 Times Higher Education Awards.
Meet our graduate entrepreneurs:
- Chris Underdown
- BA (Hons) Music and Sonic Media graduate Chris is the co-founder of Code & Wander, an adventurous and ambitious digital product studio. Code & Wander create meaningful products and experiences for start-ups, brands and themselves, with products ranging from apps and websites to bespoke software for clients.
- Sandrine Galbert
- BA (Hons) Business Studies graduate Sandrine is the founder of MACOB.org, a company aiming to regroup all Caribbean vendors of authentic artisanal and/or handmade products/cosmetics to a sole marketplace. It offers a large cliental, keen to purchase exotic and unique products from around the world.
- Daniel Walters
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science graduate Daniel is the co-founder of The Walters School of Taekwondo alongside Shakira Gabriel-Lovell. The school is a full-time Taekwondo club and martial-arts hub serving the local community. The aim is to coach, inspire and develop new pathways for young people in competitive sport, coaching and officiating.
- Emilie Mendy
- BA (Hons) Arts and Festival Management graduate Emilie is the founder of Bizzie Bodies, a Community Interest Company working with 5-11 year olds who would otherwise have minimal access to creative learning opportunities outside of school. The aim is to facilitate social inclusion in multi-cultural societies by learning languages through creative learning.
- Nana Araba Koomson
- MSc Marketing graduate Nana is the founder of Ethic Digital, a digital communication agency working with small charities. The aim is to help charities thrive in a digital world to maximise their social impact through digital technology. Ethic Digital specialises in web development and social media.
- Neha Sheth
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion graduate Neha is the founder of Neha After Meal Digestive Ltd, a provider of high quality after-meal digestives in the UK. After-meal digestives are an integral part of Asian meals, acting as a digestive aid and a mouth freshener. Working initially with small retailers, grocery stores and local Asian restaurants, Neha will soon be approaching wholesalers and selling her products online.
- Alessia Sannazzaro
- Soon after graduating with a Masters in Engineering Design and Innovation from Goldsmiths University, Alessia co-founded Choosic, an award-winning music discovery app. Since working for a digital agency she has supported top brands to create digital products and strategies. She recently co-founded Code & Wander with Chris Underdown.
London South Bank University welcomes Secretary of State for Education
13 February 2019
LSBU supports Southwark’s Business excellence awards 2019
13 February 2019
LSBU leads south London alliance supporting Mayor's new construction skills academy
13 February 2019
London South Bank first UK University to offer Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeships
7 February 2019
London South Bank University and Lambeth College unite to transform educational opportunities in south London
1 February 2019
LSBU alumnus Stephen Addison honoured for helping young people in East London escape gang culture
29 January 2019
Branching out: LSBU research fellow tours universities UK-wide to promote The Great Competition
14 January 2019
Renowned physicist Brian Cox addresses African knowledge exchange conference at LSBU
21 December 2018
LSBU helps establish waste management model for Indonesia
17 December 2018
22 February 2019Introduction to professional bodies in project management and panel discussion
27 February 2019CIPD courses at LSBU information evening
28 February 2019Development of indicators of absorptive capacity at micro and macro levels
28 February 2019Closet Worker - How LGBT+ rights have shaped the workplace
6 March 2019Casual Misogyny and Sexism - Banter or Oppression?
9 March 2019University Open Day
14 March 2019Dark social: The biggest missed opportunity in marketing
20 March 2019Applied Science Experience Day
21 March 2019'Visualizing Consumer Culture: A Semiotic Understanding of Interpreted Brands
27 March 2019Non-Medical Prescribing CPD Study Day