Graduate entrepreneurs develop their growing start-ups
A new cohort of alumni entrepreneurs are developing their businesses through London South Bank University’s Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme
London South Bank University (LSBU) is proud to present the seven graduates who have been successful in securing a place on the Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme.
Run by LSBU’s Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute, the scheme gives alumni the opportunity to develop their business idea or early stage start-up through access to funding, mentoring and office space. The entrepreneurs also gain access to professional networks and attend workshops led by some of LSBU’s Entrepreneurs in Residence.
The Graduate Entrepreneur Scheme is just one of the ways LSBU supports entrepreneurial graduates. Our extra-curricular activities and curriculum sessions saw the University awarded Entrepreneurial University of the Year at the 2016 Times Higher Education Awards.
Meet our graduate entrepreneurs:
- Chris Underdown
- BA (Hons) Music and Sonic Media graduate Chris is the co-founder of Code & Wander, an adventurous and ambitious digital product studio. Code & Wander create meaningful products and experiences for start-ups, brands and themselves, with products ranging from apps and websites to bespoke software for clients.
- Sandrine Galbert
- BA (Hons) Business Studies graduate Sandrine is the founder of MACOB.org, a company aiming to regroup all Caribbean vendors of authentic artisanal and/or handmade products/cosmetics to a sole marketplace. It offers a large cliental, keen to purchase exotic and unique products from around the world.
- Daniel Walters
- BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science graduate Daniel is the co-founder of The Walters School of Taekwondo alongside Shakira Gabriel-Lovell. The school is a full-time Taekwondo club and martial-arts hub serving the local community. The aim is to coach, inspire and develop new pathways for young people in competitive sport, coaching and officiating.
- Emilie Mendy
- BA (Hons) Arts and Festival Management graduate Emilie is the founder of Bizzie Bodies, a Community Interest Company working with 5-11 year olds who would otherwise have minimal access to creative learning opportunities outside of school. The aim is to facilitate social inclusion in multi-cultural societies by learning languages through creative learning.
- Nana Araba Koomson
- MSc Marketing graduate Nana is the founder of Ethic Digital, a digital communication agency working with small charities. The aim is to help charities thrive in a digital world to maximise their social impact through digital technology. Ethic Digital specialises in web development and social media.
- Neha Sheth
- MSc Public Health and Health Promotion graduate Neha is the founder of Neha After Meal Digestive Ltd, a provider of high quality after-meal digestives in the UK. After-meal digestives are an integral part of Asian meals, acting as a digestive aid and a mouth freshener. Working initially with small retailers, grocery stores and local Asian restaurants, Neha will soon be approaching wholesalers and selling her products online.
- Alessia Sannazzaro
- Soon after graduating with a Masters in Engineering Design and Innovation from Goldsmiths University, Alessia co-founded Choosic, an award-winning music discovery app. Since working for a digital agency she has supported top brands to create digital products and strategies. She recently co-founded Code & Wander with Chris Underdown.
Oldest bakery school in the world celebrates 125 year anniversary with Worshipful Company of Master Bakers
17 September 2019
National Bakery School launches eco beer made from leftover bread to mark 125th anniversary
12 September 2019
LSBU drama alumna, Anna Leckey, profiled by The Times
4 September 2019
Enabling engineers to become more entrepreneurial
23 August 2019
Mature students aiming for career change make LSBU first choice in Clearing
15 August 2019
Chiropractic student wins ‘best new delegate’ at World Congress of Chiropractic Students AGM
6 August 2019
Drama graduates perform at Kingston's International Youth Arts Fringe Festival
8 July 2019
Design students win 2019 PVC Redesigned competition
5 July 2019
Bakery students achieve great success at the Alliance of Bakery Students and Trainees Conference 2019
3 July 2019
5 October 2019University Open Day
7 October 2019School of Business Graduation Ceremony 2019
14 October 2019Graduation Ceremony: School of Arts and Creative Industries; School of Applied Sciences; School of Law and Social Sciences
28 October 2019LSBU Graduations 2019: School of the Built Environment; School of Engineering
30 October 2019Extended Project Support Programme
4 November 2019School of Health and Social Care Graduation Ceremony 2019
9 November 2019University Open Day
22 November 2019Choose Your Next Steps
27 November 2019Postgraduate Open Evening